No announcement yet.

Khan messed him self up by leaving Roach and Ariza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    A guy with no chin has no business training with Roach. Accept the fact that Khan just wasn't as good as you thought.
    Khan I dont think was dropped once til Garcia under Roach, he gets dropped and wobbled by damn near everyone since getting with Hunter. It's the conditioning. This is a complaint I have heard from a few fighters who worked under hunter "too much technical stuff, not enough hard conditioning" was thereabouts what Mayfield said about hunter. Kind of the opposite reason Joyce left Sanchez "alot of focus on power and strength, not a lot of technical practice".

The major mistake with joining hunter is that he tries to make Khan a thinker, a technical fighter, and khan is simply not suited too that.

Comment

Roach is the only 7 times trainer of the year so yeah He's much better when khan is with with roach.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        WTF are you talking about? How does a guy like Khan, who has no chin and no power, win if he's not using a lot of movement?? Lol
        Plus, how the hell does a trainer dictate a guy's level of activity.
        Roach knew he was chinny. Thats why when he joined wild card i remember they transferred all the weight to his legs to improve his balance and resistence.

I literally remember his first fight with roach. Uk commentators were talking about khan guarding that chin all night.

Roach was good for khan. Had some good wins there

Comment

ariza is the reason he didn't get KO'd vs chino. he was in excellent shape that night.

Comment

Allah messed up by giving him a woman's chin.

Comment

He left because he's always playing second fiddle to Pac,
              who always messes up Khan's training schedule.
              At one point they were training in the Phillippines at the same time.
              Of course, Pac will always be Roach's top priority.
              Roach underestimated Danny Garcia and didn't spend much time on Khan.

I think Khan should be able to go back to Roach now that Pac is mostly training with Buboy in their country.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                ariza is the reason he didn't get KO'd vs chino. he was in excellent shape that night.
                Very very true.

Khan did not have Ariza as his trainer or in his corner for the DSG fight. It was that tall filipino dude

Khan was very top heavy for that fight.

Ariza training Manny and Khan together was.the best thing ever.

Khan the fuqqin dummy gave up training with manny for virge

Worst decision ever

Comment

I don't care who he is with. Khan does not have a chin.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Khan I dont think was dropped once til Garcia under Roach, he gets dropped and wobbled by damn near everyone since getting with Hunter. It's the conditioning. This is a complaint I have heard from a few fighters who worked under hunter "too much technical stuff, not enough hard conditioning" was thereabouts what Mayfield said about hunter. Kind of the opposite reason Joyce left Sanchez "alot of focus on power and strength, not a lot of technical practice".

The major mistake with joining hunter is that he tries to make Khan a thinker, a technical fighter, and khan is simply not suited too that.
                    This is it.

Khan was with the right guy in Roach, he got Khan in shape, sparred him tough, and didn't give him too much information.

Roach gave him a basic game plan, and a few tendencies of the opposing fighter which he could exploit. After that it was a matter of wind him up and let him go. Also I don't care how much of an a-hole Ariza is, his guys are in shape, the kind of shape they don't attain without him.

In hindsight Roach was a great fit for Khan, but using hindsight is always easy.

Virgil might have made him a better fighter had he been able to give Khan good habits early, as in his amateur days, but I have my doubts, the guy is just a stupid fighter

Comment

Virgil didn’t teach khan to throw crazy ass combos and jump in. Do you know anything about him? Lol khan just does what he wants during fights. Virgil is more strategic but you can’t help an idiot like khan

Comment

Working...
                      X