No announcement yet.

Serious question about Luis Ortiz.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Joshua still has incredible power. On a scale from 1 to 10, i'll give Wilder a 9.5 and Joshua a solid 9 when it pertains to raw power. Tyson is more skilled than Wilder and you can't just depend on power when you are fighting prime fighters. Think Ali vs Foreman. Foreman had more power but Ali clearly outboxed him.
    I get everything you are saying but just remember that this is a very weak era of heavyweights. This isn't the Golden age of the 1960s and 1970s heavyweights that we're speaking of where if anything can happen, then it will. This current crop of heavyweights are very unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Luis Ortiz has two countries behind him. Deontay Wilder has one state, maybe two, in the US. The only reason Wilder got a bigger payday is because of Haymon. Let's not fool yourself here.

When Hamed had his first fight in the US against Kelley, he was internationally known but hyped the high hell. He was the draw because of the promoters.

Don't bring up Stiverne in your rebuttal; you know Don King is even now one of the best promoters in the game. He knows how to promote fights, so even bum opposition like Stiverne is made to look like a beast. That's his job.

Social media is not a good barometer of anything. Remember, Kylie Kardashian/Jenner has 100 million followers for not doing a damn thing in life but having underaged sex with some rapper and having a kid by a different rapper.

"At the end of the day", Deontay Wilder doesn't move a needle outside of the US.
      Please inform me what 2 countries Ortiz has behind him

Cuba the country that won’t televise his fights what’s the second one

Your delusional

Ortiz has never proved to be a draw and has never generated any $ please provide evidence if I’m wrong

Yeah social media is a decent barometer of a boxers popularity

Mayweather has 20 million
      AJ has 5-6 million
      Canelo 3 million
      GGg 2.5 million
      Wilder 650k

Ortiz 89k

But yet he’s the draw a fighter that had to take his talents to the UK because no one gave a sh.it if he fought in the US

The fighter who fought in front of 1000 people his last fight on FS1

Is the name

GTFOH

Comment

Ortiz is a good fighter and it's a good win for wilder. He deserves credit for taking the fight firstly, and the way he came back from that nightmare 7th round. I don't like it when people try to discredit good wins and this is definitely a good win. That right hand is the only elite weapon that wilder has though and I don't think it will be enough against Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I get everything you are saying but just remember that this is a very weak era of heavyweights. This isn't the Golden age of the 1960s and 1970s heavyweights that we're speaking of where if anything can happen, then it will. This current crop of heavyweights are very unpredictable.
          I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Please inform me what 2 countries Ortiz has behind him
            Cuba and Mexico. It doesn't matter if they televise, Manny's country can barely keep power on much less televise.

That you treat social media with any sort of success measure speaks volumes.

Done.

Comment

Working...
            X