Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields: I Made History & People Act Like I Don't Even Exist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to BoxRec there are 18 professional boxers in her division, globally. Sorry but being the best out of 18 people doesn't entitle you to fame and fortune. She shouldn't even be getting on TV if boxing were merit based

Comment

All she has to do is keep winning in an impressive fashion. The crying is not gonna help her. She already with the few fights that she has has more recognition that most girls in the sport at this time of their career.

The other problem that she faces is that there is no credible opposition for her. She might as well start fighting guys

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
        Good luck getting equal pay. It has nothing to do with gender, it has to do with being able to put asses in the seats. Just look at how Rhonda Rousey was getting that cake because she was headlining and putting cheeks in seats and in front of ppv broadcasts. Shields is lucky to be getting on Shobox. Amanda Serrano should have gotten more shine like that. Shields barely has a handful of fights and is already being featured on TV. Not bad at all considering how heavy the weigh is and lack of depth at the higher weights
        this is true. most of the talent in women's boxing is concentrated in the lower weight classes, flyweight and bantamweight for example. she is just too big, there isn't many people up there

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          she was making 6 figures in her first fights? what the hell is she complaining about? Those are Ray Leonard numbers. Maybe she needs to educate herself on the sport and realize that 90% of fighters come up making $100 a fight for their first couple years.
          Highly doubt it. My point was she's thinking that she deserves to be paid as equal as Loma, but Loma went with Top Rank who has the tools that can build a star. Shields went with Salita Promotions whom I guess don't have as many 'tools' as Top Rank has in building a star.

Comment

She should do ****.

She'd get some of that 'attention' then...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              **** this ugly punk ass wh-ore! She gets no recognition cause nobody gives a **** about women boxing!
              This cu-nt belongs at home cooking, cleaning and washing!
              Your statement is a waste of brainpower.It is phallocentric and stupid.I concede that you explained why she is not getting recognition due to people not interested in women boxing , fair. But again, your conclusion was terrible.

Comment

**** womens boxing and get back in the kitchen where you belong.Run along little girls and leave the fighting to the Big Boys

Comment

Originally posted by Slimjoe View Post
                  Your statement is a waste of brainpower.It is phallocentric and stupid.I concede that you explained why she is not getting recognition due to people not interested in women boxing , fair. But again, your conclusion was terrible.
                  Then why would you even bother replying to me?
                  Are you an ugly b-itch and your man has you at home cooking, cleaning, and washing all day long and your tired of it?? Is that it??

Comment

I don't care for women's boxing, and i don't like shields on top of that

Comment

Women's Boxing has just never taken off or appealed for right or wrong but on top of that being as obnoxious and appalling as she is won't help either.

Comment

Working...
                      X