No announcement yet.

Ward is a Great Commentator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
    Since this has turned into a Max Kellerman sucks thread... here's a video of him getting owned for his pretentious, overly complex line of questioning by Kyrie Irving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T36ZI7fC-I0

"That made absolutely no sense at all, Max..."

I wish more boxers had the balls to all him out..
    lol there was no owning there, Kyrie was shook about answering Kellerman's answers about Lebron and leaving CLE. Don't try to rewrite what happened just cause you wanna crap on Max.

Comment

Now get Roy Jones up there with him and get rid of Lampley

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        **** you punk. Haha Nah not that deep. But Jim’s my
        Man.
        Completely agree, Lampley makes HBO boxing. I also agree with the member who started this thread, Ward Is an excellent addition to the HBO crew. Lampley, Kellerman, Ward and Ledderman are a perfect team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Kellerman said that the card was bad. That was the best thing he said all night.
          The card wasn't bad at all. The Burnet fight was good and so was the Corrales fight. I don't understand why he said the Corrales fight didn't merit being on HBO and that it wasn't action-filled. It most certainly was, and soon as he finished saying this...boom...Machido gets the KO.

Comment

I prefer Hopkins or Jones over Ward, who is rather dull.

Max Kellerman is a terrible boxing analyst, HBO's ratings would improve if they replaced him.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              lol there was no owning there, Kyrie was shook about answering Kellerman's answers about Lebron and leaving CLE. Don't try to rewrite what happened just cause you wanna crap on Max.
              Well, no one ever said Max's questions aren't ever pertinent or "hard hitting." It's more the way he asks the questions are so convoluted, they come off as if he's trying to show off his "nuanced" point of view rather than getting a legit response from the athlete.

Of course, Kyrie was always going to be fighting an uphill battle coming into this interview about why he left Cleveland. If he says he wanted his own team, he's a selfish diva. If he says he wanted to win a ring, he's dumb for leaving LeBron. It was a straight forward situation and Max complicated it by trying to twist Kyrie's answer into his question to back him into a corner.

Kyrie's a very cerebral dude and probably one of the smartest NBA players. He understood what Max was saying. But, I bet you half of the audience didn't and Kyrie called him out on it.. TWICE. He got owned in that sense; Kyrie was never going to win the argument about why he left Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                Completely agree, Lampley makes HBO boxing. I also agree with the member who started this thread, Ward Is an excellent addition to the HBO crew. Lampley, Kellerman, Ward and Ledderman are a perfect team.
                You sir are a man with class

Comment

You sir are a man with class
                  Right back at you my friend.

Comment

I agree ward was great. Roy’s the best in the business to me. Lederman is the worst. I just like the team. But I could get used to another I suppose.
                    You best get used to it!

It's time for new blood and then after the commentary team shake up then the judges should be next!

There shouldn't be any 60 or 70 year old judges trying to coordinate with their eyes on a screen between two top fighters who can punch within a split second!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                      Very impressed with him so far. Excellent diction, vocabulary as well as accurate analysis. I loved his point about the danger of punchers falling in love with their power early on in their career and then becoming stuck when they face someone down the line who can take their power. I hope he becomes a permanent member of the HBO team.
                      He speaks well but his points are full of bias. I remember when he was over here watching a froch fight, he was so bitter I almost laughed at his face when he stood there holding back tears cos Froch had so many fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X