Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Mayweather vs 2000 Felix Trinidad: Who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Mayweather vs 2000 Felix Trinidad: Who would win?

If the Floyd Mayweather who fought fought Cotto stepped in the ring with the Fernando-Vargas-version Trinidad, who would emerge victorious?

Vote.
    MAYWEATHER
    56.82%
    TRINIDAD
    43.18%

Tito was never on the same level as an elite ATG boxer. He had like 34 meaningless fights in a row before fighting anyone with a name (who was past it), should have taken an L to fishnets, won against an overrated Vargas and then took a couple of L's.
    The only advantage Tito has against any version of Mayweather is Power and size. Everyone in boxing has a punchers chance but in reality Tito was never on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
      Tito was never on the same level as an elite ATG boxer. He had like in a row before fighting anyone with a name (who was past it), should have taken an L to fishnets, won against an overrated Vargas and then took a couple of L's.
      The only advantage Tito has against any version of Mayweather is Power and size. Everyone in boxing has a punchers chance but in reality Tito was never on that level.
      Tito also has excellent conditioning, heart, and championship-fight experience. Why diminish his ring experience? Over 20 of those "34 meaningless fights" were championship fights. Championship fights are a lot tougher than fights a boxer has on the come up.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
        Tito was never on the same level as an elite ATG boxer. He had like 34 meaningless fights in a row before fighting anyone with a name (who was past it), should have taken an L to fishnets, won against an overrated Vargas and then took a couple of L's.
        Also, did you forget that Trinidad beat Pernell Whitaker? Dropped him too. In an interview Whitaker said that was his toughest fight.

Comment

Dude, I said "The only advantage Tito has against any version of Mayweather is Power and size". I am not diminishing his other attributes, but his other attributes are not advantages over Mayweather as he also has superb conditioning and even more championship experience.
          Don't ask a question and then not like the answer you receive.

Comment

The Mayweather that beat Gatti though, that's prime Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

This is another ridiculous comparison. As usual, whenever someone on this site tries to compare Mayweather to any former fighter, you always compare the former fighter in his prime to a Mayweather when he is past his prime.

If you want to compare the two, compare the Mayweather from 2007 who beat De la Hoya and Hatton at welterweight in the same year to the Trinidad who beat Oscar in 1999. Or compare the Mayweather, who in his prime beat Arturo Gatti. Both versions of that Mayweather would beat Trinidad by unaminous decision.

Comment

I think it would have been a tough fight due to Trinidad's size, power, reach, height and age. 2000 Trinidad was 27, 2012 Floyd was 35. Trinidad was the type of fighter that would take smaller, older fighters out of the game. Hopkins was older but was a good size MW. Floyd would have had to been on his toes and be very careful. I'd stil pick Floyd but it would have been a tough fight.

Comment

I know Mayweather would come better prepared for Trinidad who he respects. The biggest issue I see in this fantasy match up is that Trinidad put all his weight on his front foot, I think Mayweather would keep him second guessing himself with feints as a result of that, maintaining his distance and he won't even have to move half as much as Oscar did while doing so.

Comment

Floyd handles him easier than Winky or Hopkins. Wins every round but actually hits him flush and often unlike the Pacquiao farce.

Comment

Working...
                    X