Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Angelo Dundee have against weight training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Grappling strength and striking power are two different things ,you imbecile..... :*******:
    I know complex analogous are hard to figure out when your a simp....the point was nothing related to striking strength, it was to make the point that physcial strength can exist without weights....you remind me of the juice heads I used to bouncer with...big chests, skinny legs and real small pea brains.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      I know complex analogous are hard to figure out when your a simp....the point was nothing related to striking strength, it was to make the point that physcial strength can exist without weights....you remind me of the juice heads I used to bouncer with...big chests, skinny legs and real small pea brains.
      this is a boxing topic foolish billy boy.....to bring up grapplers when we are talking weight/strength training for boxing shows how stupid you truly are...try and keep up!Better yet go to the strength/nutrition section where I explain how to get power in a punch....oh I forgot you hide out in this section with your not so clever friends .........
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-30-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

The right type of weight training is beneficial I thought that was common sense?. As soon as weights are mentioned people think body building training which is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
          The right type of weight training is beneficial I thought that was common sense?. As soon as weights are mentioned people think body building training which is stupid.
          Physical strength has no correlation or relevance to punching abilities ....only fools would even bring it into the mix here ,and only fools who never lifted weights who are strikers are even bigger fools who say weights dont help....how would they know ?

Yes the right type of weight training will help ,i dont see how thats even disputable when weight training strengthens your core which is essential for punching power and balance ,if this was in the training section it would be better for obvious reasons .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-30-2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Lots of great champions were made without weights and that seems to boggle the minds of modern boxing fans for some reason.

Comment

this is a boxing topic foolish billy boy.....to bring up grapplers when we are talking weight/strength training for boxing shows how stupid you truly are...try and keep up!Better yet go to the strength/nutrition section where I explain how to get power in a punch....oh I forgot you hide out in this section with your not so clever friends .........
              I know this is hard for you but boxers are athletes. Explain? you can't even put together a coherent sentence....stay over in nutrition and keep teachen em Juggnuts. And when you graduate em make sure the diploma says dummazz U.

Comment

Physical strength has no correlation or relevance to punching abilities ....only fools would even bring it into the mix here ,and only fools who never lifted weights who are strikers are even bigger fools who say weights dont help....how would they know ?

Yes the right type of weight training will help ,i dont see how thats even disputable when weight training strengthens your core which is essential for punching power and balance ,if this was in the training section it would be better for obvious reasons .
                Ok simp lets try one more time for the road: Athletes have ime restraints, so it does matter what routines will most efficiently work and develop the right capacities in the ring. To spend two hours lifting weights might take too much training time away from other activities. Your first paragraph is baffling in how it essentially says nothing.

Its not that weight training will or will not help, nor is it that squats will develop...its a question of is there a more efficient routine available? are there parameters a fighter wants to avoid? Fighters can be grapplers or strikers....idiot!!!! MMA guys do both....idiot!!!!!

Juggy GO TO NIGHTSCHOOL AND YOU MIGHT LOSE YOUR TAIL AND EVEN GROW A THUMB!!!!!

Comment

Weight training is nothng more than a means to an end. it is one way of developing physically.

I have given an example of how the dilemna between weight lifters and professional trainers has played out and I will give it again because it casts some light on this subject.

in football one of the biggest issues was the time it took to weight train....Coaches wanted maximum muscle exhaustion to facilitate growth, but in a very short time. Nautilus machines (yu have seen them in clubs) were designed for this purpose. They were made to allow negatives, i.e. the weight could be resisted actively in both directions, lifting up and bringing the weight back on the machine.

This concept revolutionized training....Football teams in college started getting larger, faster, better players, not so much because of the machines but because coaches learned that a physical workout with weights could be done with maximum intensity and for a short duration. Through circuit training a player could work his primary muscle areas to failure (you literally cannot lift the weight again) in ten minutes or less!

What that has done is create all the framework for seeing how ridiculous it is for a trained athlete to do long weight lifting sessions. The next step in fitness evolution was to realize that the proper muscles to be exerscized were the muscles that we actually use to do work, our trunk and leg muscles.

So lifting weights in a conventional sense takes training time away from an athlete. Grappling for 10 minutes will show you how little weight training in conventional sense really helps one to get stronger.... Idiots like Jug head still believe that doing squats and benchpresses will make an athlete perform better and if he were right James Toney, fatman would not be throwing more punchers per a round than a guy like Rahman who obviously lifted weights.

As a supplement to build strength weights can be useful, and used like an althlete should: maximum intensity, low reps, to muscle failure, weights can build strength to a degree. But the ideal fighting man is still the man who does rounds incorporates economy of motion, and has little extra mass.
                  And can still have plenty of endurance in the final round.

Comment

Interesting enough look at the Gracie guys, especially the originals....they looked like french lit professors! Yet they were all very strong.
                    Exactly. Looked like regular guys, or skinny like track stars. Except maybe for Rickson, he was big and had some muscles. Little did they know a 5'9" 177 pound guy would dominate those early tournaments and give birth to a new sport and popular fighting style.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Exactly. Looked like regular guys, or skinny like track stars. Except maybe for Rickson, he was big and had some muscles. Little did they know a 5'9" 177 pound guy would dominate those early tournaments and give birth to a new sport and popular fighting style.
                      Why are we talking about that grappling bs style when this is a boxing forum?
                      Last edited by ironalex; 07-01-2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X