Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor Opens as 10-1 Favorite in Mayweather MMA Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha he's just crazy if he does this. His attention seeking may back him into a corner to where he almost has to take one fight against someone--and I could see even a B level MMA guy kicking (literally) the crap out of him.
    Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    good one

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      10-1 ?

surely not

Floyd could not beat McGregor in MMA if it was 10 on 1 lol

Mac, all day
      LOL you really believe Conor could beat 10 boxers at once in a cage?

Comment

Logic dictates that Floyd would lose, however, I’d love it if Floyd scored a flash knockout. The media fallout would be hilarious

Comment

LOL Floyd isn't going to fight MMA.

IF he does, and thats a big if, he would fight someone like that WWE wrestler who tried MMA and failed.

The absolute only reason Floyd would obviously do any of this is money, but after the McGreggor fight how the F does he still need money?

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            Anyone who really knows boxing knows Floyd lost to Castillo
            Ehh, it's a very subjective fight!

Floyd definitely could've lost that one but judges liked his more cleaner punches better, Castillo was literally hitting his hip, back side and sometimes behind the head!

The rematch answered everything, gave him a boxing lesson!

Comment

Of course Conner should be favored in a fight with Floyd. But I'm giving Floyd a great shot to win. He's a precise puncher, he is a great athlete, he has great defense, he knows how to use his elbow (lol) and he prepares well. He wouldn't disrespect the sport. He will train hard and for a considerable amount of time.

It's funny that people said he was too scared to get into the octagon. Now that it appears that he will, they won't give credit.

I personally think that he should stay retired, but unfortunately these guys need to get their @sses whopped to convince them they don't have it anymore. I thought Floyd was smart enough and rich enough to stay away. But he is an attention seeker and while he can still garner attention he will keep fighting.

I wish the best for the man but we know he's his own man and he has to live with the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                Of course Conner should be favored in a fight with Floyd. But I'm giving Floyd a great shot to win. He's a precise puncher, he is a great athlete, he has great defense, he knows how to use his elbow (lol) and he prepares well. He wouldn't disrespect the sport. He will train hard and for a considerable amount of time.

It's funny that people said he was too scared to get into the octagon. Now that it appears that he will, they won't give credit.

I personally think that he should stay retired, but unfortunately these guys need to get their @sses whopped to convince them they don't have it anymore. I thought Floyd was smart enough and rich enough to stay away. But he is an attention seeker and while he can still garner attention he will keep fighting.

I wish the best for the man but we know he's his own man and he has to live with the consequences.
                Floyd has great defense in boxing. Not in mma, in mma his defense would most likely be terrible against kicks.The shoulder roll would be basically useless in the tiny mma gloves and he would just get kicked in the side of the head if he tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  10-1 is silly. 5-1 is more appropriate.

Conor fights on his feet. I know; against Floyd you think he'll grapple. And he should. But what if he doesn't? Think about it: what if Conor tried stand up game again now that he's got gloves that favor him?

That's the catch. If Conor's pride gets in the way, you might see Floyd pull off an upset.
                  Even if conor decides to stand he would beat floyd easily. Its not boxing anymore, there is no gloves to protect yourself , floyd hasnt had to defend a kick in his life and would be completely underprepared.

Conor would just keep the range on him and chop his legs and body down with kicks while mixing punches in and knock him out. And if floyd decided to clinch up hes pretty much a dead man because he would just get tripped up and then mauled on the ground. The only way he would stand a chance is if conor just wanted to throw nothing but hands, and we all know thats not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post

It's funny that people said he was too scared to get into the octagon. Now that it appears that he will, they won't give credit

They will just say the fight is rigged

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
                      Floyd has great defense in boxing. Not in mma, in mma his defense would most likely be terrible against kicks.The shoulder roll would be basically useless in the tiny mma gloves and he would just get kicked in the side of the head if he tried it.
                      Floyd's defense is not only the shoulder roll. Floyd has great defensive instincts and anticipation. He's great at countering and great at setting distance.

Fellas this a great boxer fighting in a combat sport. With proper training he can win fights. If Brock Lesnar won fights in UFC, why couldn't Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X