Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it that Crawford is always asked to leave Top Rank...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think anyone thinks crawford has to leave because of money or his exposure....its just that as far as big 147 fights there arent many bob can make in house(his speciality)...so its going to be harder for him to go to next level and make real good 147 fights

as someone else mentioned when people mentioned bradley....crawford doesnt have a prime drawing pac in his stable that he can play with....its much different "landscape" for him at TR right now

crawford has been doing fine......but when people start comparing his money to pbc guys...you have to remember....bob has less top level, premier, guys to get dates, fights and pay.......sure hes doing as well as danny or thurman or whoever......but al has about 4 guys around that division who are at that level....bob has basically one

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      ...yet PBC fighters are not asked the same thing?
      Crawford has been getting more than $1.2 mil fighting the likes of Lundy, Molina, etc.
      Almost the same amount given to Garcia, Thurman, Porter when they fought each other.
      Mikey Garcia had to fight Broner to get his first $1 mil.
      Do you really want Crawford to fight once a year just like Part-time Boxing Champions (PBC)?
      Because people know Crawford isn't happy with the way he's being promoted and because TR has nobody for him to fight. He'll fight Horn and Benavidez this year.

Comment

Bob has always been an in house whore and see him doing the same thing with Crawford. He wont get to fight any of the top welters.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          give me a list of 3-5 boxers that tried to escape Haymon and took him to court for their freedom.
          Why would they want out from under the protective umbrella of Uncle Al? Guys like Stevenson, Wilder, Garcia can just keep fighting a string of no-hopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Because people know Crawford isn't happy with the way he's being promoted and because TR has nobody for him to fight. He'll fight Horn and Benavidez this year.
            This is what I don't even get.
            Why do you people assume once he joins PBC,
            he'll automatically be offered Garcia, Porter, Thurman, etc.?
            These guys can't even do a round robin, let alone adding Crawford to the mix.
            Unlike you, I don't even suggest these Haymon boys should join GBP or TR.
            Let them join Hearn.
            If anything, Crawford should sign with Hearn as well.
            Bottom line is Haymon hasn't really done well with these guys.

Comment

PBC has a way more options for him than top rank. if it was the other way around people would be asking him to leave PBC

Comment

Let them join Hearn.
                I didn't suggest anybody. As a matter of fact:

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I won't say Crawford should leave but it's obvious they don't view him as their next star. Bradley did well staying with TR because they had Manny and he got the fight 3 times. It's pretty obvious that Crawford isn't getting the Manny fight and at this point in time a win over Manny wouldn't mean much. He should've gotten the Manny fight before Horn got it.
                And the next post after that post was yours.
                https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...7#post18573167

So you know I've never said Crawford should leave TR.

Comment

Let them join Hearn.
                  Spence would fight him, but I expect them to marinate it for at least 3 yrs tops. The rest would avoid him like a disease.

I like the idea of these fighters signing up with Hearn, who can work with every network, Showtime, HBO, ESPN, etc.

Comment

Let them join Hearn.
                    I wonder why more guys don’t complain about how horrible he’s treating them.

By the way, joining Hearn doesn’t equal leaving Haymon.

Comment

I think it 100% have to do with the fact that all of the top fighters currently at 147 are with PBC but of course on this forum people are all over the place with their theories and majority of that have ZERO Logic to them

Me personally if I was Crawford and left Arum it would be for Hearn and Matchroom Boxing USA just because PBC is kinda crowded with talent at 147 so you really won't be first Priority not over Spence or Thurman. Signing with Eddie, still leaves the door open to PBC anyway when it becomes times to make that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X