Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker - Over 70,000 Tickets Sold!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Funny that a lot of folks in here swear Wilder is the bigger draw. Raggamuffin says Wilder sells more tickets and Joshua's shows never sell out lmao.
    Ha.

As a draw and popular sports figure, Joshua is a phenomenon in the UK. It's insane. As i pointed out earlier, they can tout the tickets for 3x as much and the venue will still be full with 70,000+ people.

When this fight happens, his last 3 fights will have been attended by nearly a quarter of a million people....

Can't say i'm a fan of the guy but those numbers don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
      I'm not speaking from a place of any knowledge of prices there...however I could easily see a promoter saying "let's f'ing sell a massive amount of tickets to get buts in seats to build your popularity...to the public, all they know is "there were 70,000 people there"...that means more in the general public headlines than the live gate...

but yeah I'd be curious to know.
      Your on the right track, its supply and demand. If they raise the prices too high they wont sell out like the Mayweather Mcgregor sideshow, so they keep the prices lower than a Vegas fight would be but a 10 million dollar gate is still huge by any measure

Comment

As Expected! He is the biggest Draw in boxing

Comment

$10 rusty soccer seats and $2 cheap beer, ENJOY!

Comment

Windmill can only dream of having a promoter as savvy as Higgins.

Comment

Was it really unexpected? We knew this would happen, he already did it against Takam ?

The very cheapest tickets (which there weren’t many of by the way) were £40 for info, the majority of tickets were at least double that with obviously ring side significantly more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishkie View Post
                you are, and always have been an idiot! this post as well as many other you write proves it. America was the HQ for boxing decades ago, now the world is a bigger place. Get your self a passport and get over it you tuuuurd !
                Vegas money beats all. Why do facts upset you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Vegas money beats all. Why do facts upset you?
                  Only if an offer is on the table. At the moment they offered it for the klistchko fight, they aren’t interested in a wilder fight ... yet at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishkie View Post
                    you are, and always have been an idiot! this post as well as many other you write proves it. America was the HQ for boxing decades ago, now the world is a bigger place. Get your self a passport and get over it you tuuuurd !
                    Most of these American daftys have never left America

They are struggling to get over the fact that the uk is the new home of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      I understand the secondary ticketing market pretty well; assuming it work the same as the US market. The logic of those allegations make perfect sense, if he's using a syndicate of buyers. I'll follow that story now. Thanks for the info.
                      Definitely worth following, it's pretty corrupt in my opinion.

Matchroom and Joshua are both sponsored by Stubhub, and magically thousands of tickets appear on Stubhub immediately and then more come out consistently over the following weeks. Tickets that at 40 quid are going for 150 minimum. I saw top tier tickets (80 quid) going for 1,250 yesterday.

Fast Eddie and AJ are making an absolute mint from this.

Comment

Working...
                      X