Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre ward vs glen Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson would be a very tough out, but I think ward takes it on points.. Johnson would land some shots, but he doesn't have great one punch power, and his come forward style would be easy for ward to time him... Johnson would come on strong late as ward would tire and his work rate would drop..
    But in the end ward will have racked up enough points to win a decision..
    Ward would win 6 out of the first 8 rounds and then slow up under Johnson's constant pressure and they split the last 4 rounds two apiece or glen taking 3 out of 4..
    Final score 115-112,116-112, 116-112,,, And johnson lives up to his nickname as this fight would be in oakland

If ward was able to handle bika and froch,, I'm pretty certain he has the skillset to get past road warrior,

Comment

Prime Johnson just might give Ward a good fight, similar to how Bika did. I personally think Ward would hold his distance well, box pretty good from the outside. Johnson would probably be the more physical man in there so I imagine Ward would avoid laying up inside as much as possible. Johnson would land a few but I doubt he could stun or drop Ward, Ward probably wins 8-4 at the worst here.

I don't doubt that Johnson would get inside and get him good a few times but I just think there is a difference in levels here and Ward would show his class, he is a master.

Interesting matchup, but it should go down at 175 not 168.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        well just make sure you include "PRIME" my guy...prime for prime would be a good damn fight but i think Ward is just a level above him,all of Johnsons best wins were against past prime great fighters
        I wouldn't say past prime jones sure but even up to that point nobody could really say he was shot he's the man who really put the nail in the coffin he's also got a win over tarver and Clinton woods and Eric Harding who was a pretty good fighter gave jones fits. And broke tarvers jaw if I remember right. But as for the fight I don't think Andre ward could keep glen off him he doesn't have enough pop to like when Hopkins destroyed him glen brings lots of pressure and had very underrated skills I think this fight would come down to who's the better boxer but where ward looks to tie up that's where glen will go to work and win some rounds but ward should be able to out box him from range. To a comfortable but close ud.

Comment

I think that this would have been a really good fight because of Johnson's incredible chin and power but I think Wards best asset is that he neglects fighters strengths which I believe he would have done to Johnson UD for ward 11 rounds to 1
          Last edited by *CHAMPNAS*; 02-27-2014, 05:09 AM.

Comment

i thought it would have been a great fight around the time johnson beat green

now how old is johnson? he's likely shot to sht

Comment

Interesting.

I think a prime Johnson would be a live dog in a fight with Ward but couldn't see him winning.

Johnson IMO didn't do any one thing great except out work guys. Ward defense, and clutching would likely nullify Johnson's best trait.

On the other hand, Ward's athleticism and speed would like cause Johnson all kinds of problems.

All told Johnson makes it a fight but Ward by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
                Glen Johnson still fights?
                ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                X