Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Wilder's A One-Trick Pony; Has Big Right Hand & That's It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
    It seems Wilder is the one trick pony who hasn't improved, it took him 7 full rounds to land a meaningful punch against a slow 50yo Ortiz.
    To be fair I do give Wilder a 20% chance of knocking Fury out since Wilder's power is enough to ko any man on earth.
    Skillful Fury couldn't avoid those punches ?
    I hope he keeps his word on going for the ko. We all know Wilder is going for it.

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
    Wilder is pretty great but his power is overhyped. He couldn’t put Duhaupas down.
    If he couldn’t put Duhaupas down, something tells me he wouldn’t have been able to put Tua or McCall down, either.
    Not to mention that boxers are a very small portion of the human population. There are other humans out there who are especially strong, large, thick-skulled, have strong necks, you name it.

Wilder has put almost all boxers he’s faced down, and that’s all we know.
    He was able to put Fury on his back 2x. No other opponent matters.

Comment

Too bad it's not a trick like pulling a table cloth from under the dishes. Wilder isn't going to ask Fury to pick a card. It's more like an exploding cigar trick, one of those tricks that blows up in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Clumsy Wilder cleanly floored the superior Fury 2x.

One time could be accidental, but twice ?

Next week we will see how much Fury improved since one trick ponies are incapable of improving.
        There was nothing accidental, credit where it is due, when Wilder smells blood, he kills, dude is a killah.
        Fury showed hearth and will.

But Wilder started to put hands on Fury in the 9th once Fury tired and stopped to bounce on his feet, Fury begun to fight flat footed and that's when Widler could close the gap and land punches.

If Fury is much feater, then Wilder is in a world of trouble because Fury just had trained 1 years and just fought 2 bums in 3 year and half.

Wilder better catch Fury early or finish him when he has the shot.

Wilder can beat Fury when he's vulnerable, so first round when he's cold or late rounds whne he's tired, because a 260 man will tire at some point.

It will be an interesting fight, but yeah, Wilder kinda fought like one trick poney in the first fight, it works because Fury fatigued IMO

So I would like Wilder to come with more than one trick in the rematch to trap Fury into something.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          There was nothing accidental, credit where it is due, when Wilder smells blood, he kills, dude is a killah.
          Fury showed hearth and will.

But Wilder started to put hands on Fury in the 9th once Fury tired and stopped to bounce on his feet, Fury begun to fight flat footed and that's when Widler could close the gap and land punches.

If Fury is much feater, then Wilder is in a world of trouble because Fury just had trained 1 years and just fought 2 bums in 3 year and half.

Wilder better catch Fury early or finish him when he has the shot.

Wilder can beat Fury when he's vulnerable, so first round when he's cold or late rounds whne he's tired, because a 260 man will tire at some point.

It will be an interesting fight, but yeah, Wilder kinda fought like one trick poney in the first fight, it works because Fury fatigued IMO

So I would like Wilder to come with more than one trick in the rematch to trap Fury into something.
          Too late for Wilder to be anything other than what he is. Same for Fury. They are who they are.

I can't see Fury's ko plan working out for him. He will either suffer an brutal knockdown or get hit with something to put him back on that bike.

Thing is, If Wilder puts him down, I'm betting he will end it soon after.

Fury is best when he boxes. He should know this better than anyone.

Comment

Wilder just does basic one, two but he lands it that's the problem. Blinds you with jab and then right hand comes?
            Why do people let him land it?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Wilder wouldn`t be even a fringe contender in 60-is, 70-is, 80-is.
              ... though, he's the product of his own age...

Comment

Knowing what I know now, I'd put all of my money on Wilder to beat -
                Patterson, Marciano, Frazier, Norton, Louis...ie guys (especially short guys/guys with short arms) who would stand and trade.

Easy money

Comment

I think Wilder is going to be seriously outboxed and embarrassed in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    Too late for Wilder to be anything other than what he is. Same for Fury. They are who they are.

I can't see Fury's ko plan working out for him. He will either suffer an brutal knockdown or get hit with something to put him back on that bike.

Thing is, If Wilder puts him down, I'm betting he will end it soon after.

Fury is best when he boxes. He should know this better than anyone.
                    You can punish Wilder in close quarter. Washington, DUhaupas, Fury had success in that range, but you better be carefull when Wilder get his range back by stepping back.

Wilder is dangerous long range.

If Fury's plan is to come in face first like Breazale did with his slow a;ss jab he will get koed.

I think Fury plans to rough him up by spot at best OR it is a full bluff mind games from the big brit.

Fury is not dumb and is aware more tha nybody of Wilder's power, he tasted it well. I think is not afraid of Wilder, but smart enough to play it safe, even in close range.

Kinda like Canelo did with GGG in the rematch, or Ward vs Kova rematch
                    Does not mean to walk full rhetard into something big ala Breazale, Spilzka.
                    Fury will have to be smarter than that.
                    Last edited by BillyBoxing; 02-14-2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I disagree. I don't like Wilder one bit but he would have KO'd a LOT of people back then, as he has now.

Does Wilder KO-ing fringe men, make him a fringe man? I don't think so. 'Highlight ree'l KO's makes him a contender, not necessarily a champion, in any era - that's what freakish power gives you, IMO.

I know there are a lot of other factors to it; the current social climate, money, promoters wanting to take him on etc, not to mention the lack of social media back then. It would have been a problem for the attention seeking child that Wilder is.

Comment

Working...
                      X