No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Any word on Magomed Abdusalamov? He seemed to be a hot prospect in 2012 to early 2013 but I haven't heard anything about him since his last fight in April.
    I asked his manager Sampson via twitter, he said he's been trying to arrange a fight between Mago and one of the top WBC contenders.
    Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Also, heard that Andy Ruiz might fight on the undercard of the Pac-Rios fight
    That would be good, hopefully he'll be in with someone we're familiar with.

Comment

• Comment

• Chisora Vs Boystov

Dereck Chisora lines up Denis Boytsov for Copper Box show

Heavyweight European title clash set for September 21

DERECK CHISORA will box Russia’s Denis Boytsov for the European title on the September 21 show at the Copper Box Arena, which also features Billy Joe Saunders versus John Ryder.

The Russian heavyweight is unbeaten at 33-0 with an impressive 26 stoppage wins. Chisora has come back from last year’s loss to David Haye with two wins inside the distance, most recently against American Malik Scott in July.

“That’s a good show,” said promoter Frank Warren of his first event at the Copper Box. “[Chisora’s] got to get the European and hopefully he can get himself into a good position. I watched [Kubrat] Pulev and [Tony] Thompson at the weekend. We certainly wouldn’t worry about fighting either of those.”

Warren remains confident in Billy Joe Saunders’ progression and expects to see him competing at world level by next year. “I wouldn’t have a problem making him and [Darren Barker],” the promoter continued. “It would be a big fight.”

Comment

• Chisora hasn't looked impressive in either of his fights since Haye.

I like Del Boy a lot but I think he looks better in fights he loses than ones he wins.

Good luck to him though.

Comment

• Massive step-up for Denis.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Massive step-up for Denis.
              thinking the same. Boytsov - 33-0 have you seen his resume?

Talk about a padded record.

Dereck will smoke this dude.

Comment

• This is a tough fight imo. There are easier style match-ups for Del Boy. The "Russian Tyson" will test his chin. I don't think this guy is soft like Malik Scott, he's an Eastern Euro who will go 12.

If Chisora can get inside he can work him but he needs a ref who will allow him to do that.

Comment

• .......the moment of truth for Boystov and his heavily-padded record, that's for certain.

Suddenly his boxing career is going to get very real and intense when it comes to fightig Chisora in London and with Del Boy needing another win to cement his own reputation/credibility as an elite level heavyweight.

I think Chisora is finally growing up and beginnng to realise that there are still big fights out there and that he can be part of the shake-up. The guy basically beat Helenius and gave Vitali a more than decent fight....and he only lost to Fury by being unprofessional. So still lots to lay for.

This Copperbox venue deal does seem to be bringing the best out of Warren with some great fights going down. Particularly forward to Ryder v Saunders.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    thinking the same. Boytsov - 33-0 have you seen his resume?

Talk about a padded record.

Dereck will smoke this dude.
                    Id also favor chisora. too many unknowns with boytsov. chisoras experience with the likes of vitali,,haye and fury should get him thru. should be a good fight tho

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                      This is a tough fight imo. There are easier style match-ups for Del Boy. The "Russian Tyson" will test his chin. I don't think this guy is soft like Malik Scott, he's an Eastern Euro who will go 12.

If Chisora can get inside he can work him but he needs a ref who will allow him to do that.
                      boytsov has a glossy kayo record but I dont think hes a big puncher at all. his opponents have been so soft. I think even chisora may hit as hard or a bit harder despite him not being a big puncher either

Comment

Working...
                      X