Pacquiao is a legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    You, and plenty try to overrate him.
    I am just pulling ya back down to earth.
    How about you try responding to your bullshlt about Mosley.

You are less than a man. You perpetually duck that shlt like the plague.

1. It's true that you said Mayweather wad ducking Mosley, isn't it? You made a bunch of threads about it. Then the very next fight he signed was...MOSLEY. Right?

2. You said he was avoiding Mosley and stated specifically that there were no more excuses because it's the fight that everyone wanted to see. Then he beat Mosley and you said Mosley was now washed up, didn't you?

You got exposed and that's why you don't respond. Do I need to post this info. in here for you to review again? Maybe you'll finally answer to it...because I haven't heard one damn peep from you about that shlt, yet you're still going around trying to pretend that you're somehow unbiased. Get the **** outta here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      Floyd is just a distant second nominee as the fighter of the decade a 5 division champion and a 3 division lineal champ. Sorry fellows this is 101% true.

The "fighter of the decade" lost the "fight of the century" to the "fighter of the generation."

Keep your little decade, bltch. You were lucky to even get that one

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        How about you try responding to your bullshlt about Mosley.

You are less than a man. You perpetually duck that shlt like the plague.

1. It's true that you said Mayweather wad ducking Mosley, isn't it? You made a bunch of threads about it. Then the very next fight he signed was...MOSLEY. Right?

2. You said he was avoiding Mosley and stated specifically that there were no more excuses because it's the fight that everyone wanted to see. Then he beat Mosley and you said Mosley was now washed up, didn't you?

You got exposed and that's why you don't respond. Do I need to post this info. in here for you to review again? Maybe you'll finally answer to it...because I haven't heard one damn peep from you about that shlt, yet you're still going around trying to pretend that you're somehow unbiased. Get the **** outta here.
        It's possible to duck a washed up guy. Jones never wanted to face Nunn even at a low point in Nunn's career. Had he fought him it wouldn't have legitimized it as a prime win.

Floyd did have a lot of excuses and with his history it was reasonable to think he was ducking Shane who was washed up. He wasn't obviously because he fought him. Doesn't change the fact Mosley was washed up and coming off the longest layoff of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          It's possible to duck a washed up guy. Jones never wanted to face Nunn even at a low point in Nunn's career. Had he fought him it wouldn't have legitimized it as a prime win.

Floyd did have a lot of excuses and with his history it was reasonable to think he was ducking Shane who was washed up. He wasn't obviously because he fought him. Doesn't change the fact Mosley was washed up and coming off the longest layoff of his career.
          Sure. It's possible to duck a washed up guy. I don't have a problem with that sentiment. But that is not what that guy was trying to say about Mosley at all. Not one bit.

He knows what I'm talking about.

And what history are you speaking of? I've also already discussed this so called ducking history with that same guy, and he backed out of that one too. I'm pretty sure the only one he could pull out of his ass was Winky Wright.

And also, don't you think it's kind of odd to say Mosley was washed up...after coming off of one of the best performances of his career when he completely annihilated Margarito?
          Last edited by travestyny; 11-23-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Sure. It's possible to duck a washed up guy. I don't have a problem with that sentiment. But that is not what that guy was trying to say about Mosley at all. Not one bit.

He knows what I'm talking about.

And what history are you speaking of? I've also already discussed this so called ducking history with that same guy, and he backed out of that one too. I'm pretty sure the only one he could pull out of his ass was Winky Wright.
            Well, Floyd, for whatever reasons (there's excuses on both sides) often didn't deliver the fight(s) that the public wanted at the times. Mosley in the late 90s, Stevie Johnston, Casamayor, Freitas, Wright, Tszyu, Cotto, Margarito, De La Hoya re-match, Williams, Pacquaio etc; again I am not saying he ducked all those fights - you can't fight everybody and timing comes into play but there was a perception and perhaps it's exaggerated but there's probably a lot of truth to it too.

I hate this "discussion" but when a fighter has an all-time great HOF career and he doesn't fight a great in his prime despite spending half of his career as the shot caller in the sport questions can be raised. Marquez is the closest as he was near prime but the weight jump of two divisions after just jumping up two divisions renders that fight useless.

Comment

Well, Floyd, for whatever reasons (there's excuses on both sides) often didn't deliver the fight(s) that the public wanted at the times. Mosley in the late 90s, Stevie Johnston, Casamayor, Freitas, Wright, Tszyu, Cotto, Margarito, De La Hoya re-match, Williams, Pacquaio etc; again I am not saying he ducked all those fights - you can't fight everybody and timing comes into play but there was a perception and perhaps it's exaggerated but there's probably a lot of truth to it too.

I hate this "discussion" but when a fighter has an all-time great HOF career and he doesn't fight a great in his prime despite spending half of his career as the shot caller in the sport questions can be raised. Marquez is the closest as he was near prime but the weight jump of two divisions after just jumping up two divisions renders that fight useless.
              Lots of these have been shot down pretty well. Especially Pacquiao, Williams, and Margarito. I'd say the main criticism seems to be the Pacquiao fight not happening earlier, and not sure how anyone who is being unbiased can blame him for that, especially with Roach admitting who was to blame for the first negotiation going nowhere.

At least you acknowledge that this is not a black and white matter. Respect.

Comment

Lots of these have been shot down pretty well. Especially Pacquiao, Williams, and Margarito. I'd say the main criticism seems to be the Pacquiao fight not happening earlier, and not sure how anyone who is being unbiased can blame him for that, especially with Roach admitting who was to blame for the first negotiation going nowhere.

At least you acknowledge that this is not a black and white matter. Respect.
                It goes both ways. Floyd no doubt made things hard on more than one occasion. He's not James Toney, Marquez, Morales etc;

Comment

It goes both ways. Floyd no doubt made things hard on more than one occasion. He's not James Toney, Marquez, Morales etc;
                  I hear you. But here is the thing...if it's not a black and white matter, can it really be a duck? If it's being hard on negotiations, is that a duck? I'd say only if that makes the fight impossible, meaning that the demands are unreasonable.

I mean looking at all of the names you've mentioned, I honestly can't say that any of them was a duck.

I haven't heard anything about Johnston honestly, so I can't say. I also don't know all the details about Freitas and Casamayor, but apparently he offered the fight to Casa, who preferred to fight Freitas first, and then Freitas won and chose not to fight Floyd.

Wright? Bigger guy but refuses to take less money (55/45 split I think it was. Doesn't seem unreasonable). I can understand the sentiment if it's based on Floyd being the one to called him out, but come on. And here we have Bob Arum being involved and we know how he does.

Cotto? Nah. Margarito. nope. Pac. Nope. Tszyu? Nope. Williams. Nope. I can give details for these but it's not worth it. I'm sure you've seen them all and it's also not your stance that it was a clear duck, so really no need.

De La Hoya Rematch? Not sure why anyone would say that was a duck.

All of these seem to be reaching. Being hard in negotiations, ok. But that's very different than ducking unless the demands were unreasonable, I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    And deserves to be respected.
                    Hahaha it's a shame that you even have to stress that he 'deserves' to be respected, bcz too many damn morons manage to overlook him form the shid pit they dwell inside.

Pacquiao did gut the assassins of 2000s; talking about Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Bradley, D. Diaz, Velazquez and later on Margarito, Rios, Cotto, Hatton, Jessie Vargas. He gave Floyd a great fight, full of unseen fast counters at an advanced age.
                    The guy came up from like 110s they say. always been the smaller guy and slayed a generation of boxers and gave hell fights, alien vs robot fights. IDK what they think is a legundo if not Pac. Andre Ward maybe, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                      Hahaha it's a shame that you even have to stress that he 'deserves' to be respected, bcz too many damn morons manage to overlook him form the shid pit they dwell inside.

Pacquiao did gut the assassins of 2000s; talking about Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Bradley, D. Diaz, Velazquez and later on Margarito, Rios, Cotto, Hatton, Jessie Vargas. He gave Floyd a great fight, full of unseen fast counters at an advanced age.
                      The guy came up from like 110s they say. always been the smaller guy and slayed a generation of boxers and gave hell fights, alien vs robot fights. IDK what they think is a legundo if not Pac. Andre Ward maybe, lol.
                      Not disagreeing with the overall sentiment of your post, but I think Pacquiao gets a lot more credit for being "small" than is due. The evidence shows that he was about the same size as Floyd.

His highest unofficial weight on fight night was higher than Floyd's ever was. These guys were basically the same size.

I know you weren't comparing the two, so I'm not attacking your post at all. I want to make that clear. But we should also take into account that Pacquiao's success had a great deal to do with manipulating weights for fights, admittedly draining fighters, and not being as small as his team seems to make him out to be.

Still a great champion who deserves respect despite discussion of weights and PED's. That's the way the game goes and he was definitely a great of this generation.
                      Last edited by travestyny; 11-23-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X