Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a Brit i am embarassed with the score cards

Heres the score cards below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...SCORECARD.html

Firstly as a massive Vlad fan, congrats to Joshua on a great win.

Now thats done, thank **** Joshua got the ko. Because he was at best level going into the 11th and on most cards, down by 3 rounds. Even the sky team and the bbc radio team had Vlad up by 2/3 rounds.

I critised American for the disgraceful sergey ward judging, it would be hypicritical of me not to slate my nations home cooked judges.

Yes it was disgraceful. To me it looked like AJ had ran out of ideas tbh. In the last three rounds he came out swinging for the first 10 seconds or so, putting it all in to them looking for that big punch. Wlad should have expected him to come out like that tbh as he had done the previous two rounds.

Comment

Wlad was definitely ahead by rights. Like you say, good job Joshua got the stoppage. That way it was a great fight with a great ending instead of a great fight marred by a stinker of a decision.Imagine how bad it would've been for boxing on a mainstream stage like that.

Comment

Yea i thought the american scorecard was kinda off, I had Wlad winning simply because he was landing his jab and avoiding AJ's powershots.

Comment

Why are you embarassed as Brit? Two of the judges were American and one was pr.

I personally felt Wlad was winning the fight but obviously being there was not bothered about scoring it. Thing is, it was close either way and AJ go the ko so it doesnt even matter.

Comment

The scorecards were garbage. If these judges arent biased from nationality that leaves only two other reasons:

1. theyre paid off
            2. theyre easily influenced by the home crowd

neither is acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Why are you embarassed as Brit? Two of the judges were American and one was pr.

I personally felt Wlad was winning the fight but obviously being there was not bothered about scoring it. Thing is, it was close either way and AJ go the ko so it doesnt even matter.
              It wasn't close. After that tenth, Wlad was comfortably ahead. AJ had nothing left other than to swing and hope he got lucky and he did.

Comment

I'm glad Joshua stopped Wlad in a way because Joshua was on course for a gift decision if the cards are anything to go by. Wlad was definitely up going into the 11th. Pretty much every British pundit and fighters/ex fighters had Wlad up by quite a few rounds going into that 11th.

I'd say it's irrelevant now because Joshua got the stoppage but that's wrong to say because the scoring was clearly off and it's a problem in boxing and shouldn't just be swept under the carpet that easily.

Comment

I had it even after 10rds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                    I had it even after 10rds.
                    Same. The judges' scorecards are a mystery

Comment

Working...
                    X