Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has better chance of pulling an andre ward in the tiebreaker canelo vs ggg 2..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    It's clear that Golovkin is not going to win a decision. He's only going to be older and faced with the burden of having to knock Canelo out. Based on that, Canelo has the edge. I picked him the first fight but he didn't deserve to win.
    I can see where you are coming from and understand your position, but I think the judges will be under a microscope for the rematch and GGG will have a chance at a fair decision. On the flip side, this Is boxing and I am probably dreaming. GGG will only be 8 months older If the rematch takes place In May, so I don't think that will play that much of a role either.

If Canelo can keep the fight In the middle of the ring and fight the urge to lay on the ropes for 2:00 minutes per round, he has a great chance of winning. I do agree that Canelo didn't deserve the win or a draw In the first fight and scored It 8-4 for GGG. I watched It the second time and had the same exact score.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Everyone refers to "the pros say Golovkin won", but it's also interesting that every pro I've seen comment about the subject says Canelo has a very good chance of winning the rematch.

The old rule is that, in a close fight, you pick the more technical fighter in the rematch. I said this about Ward/Kovalev and people went off on me.
      This is so, so true.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicanstyle View Post
        I mean after a close contraversial 1st fight people expected kova to maybe do better being that was maybe considered the fresher guy but dammit the boxer ward with body attack unexpecteadly Koyed the K. O artist will history repeat itself??? Having canelo handle ggg in impressive fashion? Will ggg attack smarter and break down nello or will it be close enough to warrant a 3rd installment next Sep. If they fight in may???
        did you not see the fight? are you just lying on purpose? are you just throwing up fanboy flags? look at me i love ward i dont care that he low blows people. very puzzling comment

Comment

Neither need to get grimey to get a win, just not their style but in terms of adjustments then both can!

GGG can be reckless and go to the body and just punch with Canelo more!

Canelo can somehow boost his stamina and fight on the inside more often and in the middle of the ring!

I have to say, When Canelo was in the center there was almost nothing GGG had to offer!

On the inside he was hurting GGG a couple times to the body so I understand staying on the ropes was a tactic but it's part of The reason those judges scored a draw and most of these fans think GGG won!

Canelo is the superior boxer and should focus on acquiring upping his stamina to not lose rounds in people's eyes, his bodywork was beautiful tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Everyone refers to "the pros say Golovkin won", but it's also interesting that every pro I've seen comment about the subject says Canelo has a very good chance of winning the rematch.

The old rule is that, in a close fight, you pick the more technical fighter in the rematch. I said this about Ward/Kovalev and people went off on me.
            since when is it more technical to punch your opponent in the nuts over and over? kovalev was clearly the superior boxer in both fights. what could ward do besides rush forward hold and wrestle him around? what did he do in the second fight? upped the holding and wrestling and he was still down(according to most and im sure he knew he was losing) so he upped the low blows and it got him the win instead of the dq. he never ever proved he was better in that ring. only that he has more leverage in this corrupt sport. some fanboys will ignore all that hey look he won both fights!!!
            Last edited by daggum; 10-05-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

If Canelo gasses out again after three rounds, GGG will jump on him and end it.

Comment

Working...
              X