Collapse
No announcement yet.

So in Yamanaka Lineal at 118 and do you think he and Raushee will unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rau'shee and Yamanaka could do a pacific to Atlantic tour. Both could try to learn phrases in each others' languages. Spread awareness for certain diseases. Become ambassadors to their opponent's communities. Become best friends.

I like this fight

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      its not easy on the national and international level in the amatuers...guys like thurman, Garcia and others had extensive amatuer careers and didnt even make the Olympic team...thurman was an alternate though..they are world champion pros now though.....a lot of people dont get 1 try let alone 3...he has character and went on to win a world title....thats a good lesson in perseverance

American amatuers fight a pro style...no pity pats, sit down on shots, inside work, body shots etc.....even my gym teaches the pro style....whereas a lot of fighters get robbed all the time. The ams is all about politics and who is the busiest, controls the center of the ring. This years Olympics had some God awful decisions
      Come on man. Those are nothing but excuses. Poor Raushee fell short 3 times due to corruption huh? And I didnt see Floyd, Roy Jones, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ali, etc etc having a problem winning medals even while being trained in the 'American style'.

He's horrible and just lucky enough to be in a relatively weak division.

Had he been around when Mares, Donaire, Santa Cruz and even a prime Moreno were around, he would had been dead meat. Even Darchi would had eaten that dude alive.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Come on man. Those are nothing but excuses. Poor Raushee fell short 3 times due to corruption huh? And I didnt see Floyd, Roy Jones, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ali, etc etc having a problem winning medals even while being trained in the 'American style'.

He's horrible and just lucky enough to be in a relatively weak division.

Had he been around when Mares, Donaire, Santa Cruz and even a prime Moreno were around, he would had been dead meat. Even Darchi would had eaten that dude alive.
        Donaire never won an Olympic medal...I think viloria beat him for a spot on the 2000 team...still went on to win titles from 112-126 as a pro

same goes for guys like Thurman, Porter, Broner, Andrade, Danny Garcia, the Charlo Bros, etc....amatuers and pros are two different en******.

you say excuses...its called facts....being a great amateur doesn't mean you will do well as a pro...look at david price, Audley Harrison, and all these other Olympic medalist that tanked

Raushee fought in the era where they count your punches per round and the one who lands the most, regardless of quality wins...whereas Floyd, roy, Ali, Leonard the great 1976, 1984 teams fought in an era where rounds were scored like pro boxing....from the 90s until recently that pitty pat punch count affected a lot of countries success in the ams...now they score fights by round by round scores again....thank God.

I never said he'd beat those guys, lets not sit here and act like Sanat Cruz was fighting murderer's row at 118 and 122....dude literally has the worst resume of any 3 division titlist

Comment

Donaire never won an Olympic medal...I think viloria beat him for a spot on the 2000 team...still went on to win titles from 112-126 as a pro

same goes for guys like Thurman, Porter, Broner, Andrade, Danny Garcia, the Charlo Bros, etc....amatuers and pros are two different en******.

you say excuses...its called facts....being a great amateur doesn't mean you will do well as a pro...look at david price, Audley Harrison, and all these other Olympic medalist that tanked

Raushee fought in the era where they count your punches per round and the one who lands the most, regardless of quality wins...whereas Floyd, roy, Ali, Leonard the great 1976, 1984 teams fought in an era where rounds were scored like pro boxing....from the 90s until recently that pitty pat punch count affected a lot of countries success in the ams...now they score fights by round by round scores again....thank God.

I never said he'd beat those guys, lets not sit here and act like Sanat Cruz was fighting murderer's row at 118 and 122....dude literally has the worst resume of any 3 division titlist
          So, you're talking about amateurs and pros being different en****** but when I mention the guy is bad you brought up his amateur accolades. Which one is it, mate? I dont care if he has a title or not or how many times he went to the Olympics.

The guy is bad. We can agree to disagree. In time you will see.

EDIT: And I didnt mention those guys beating him cause you said something but cause my point was that he is just a product of good timing. He's a champion in a weak division where there's nobody to fight.
          Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 12-21-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pacphobia View Post
            Yamanaka isn't lineal. He need to beat Warren first.
            Actually he is. First bantamweight in like 20 years to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              Actually he is. First bantamweight in like 20 years to do so.
              didn't think it would take 2 pages and a sad attempt at trolling for JDS8384 Whatever his name is lol to get an answer ..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                So, you're talking about amateurs and pros being different en****** but when I mention the guy is bad you brought up his amateur accolades. Which one is it, mate? I dont care if he has a title or not or how many times he went to the Olympics.

The guy is bad. We can agree to disagree. In time you will see.

EDIT: And I didnt mention those guys beating him cause you said something but cause my point was that he is just a product of good timing. He's a champion in a weak division where there's nobody to fight.
                ......so

what is bad about him, you never answered the simple question...its not that deep

do you not like his style? why don't you think he isn't a good fighter even though he proved he is world class vs payano

118 isn't the only weak division bro so many fighters are a product of good timing

Comment

didn't think it would take 2 pages and a sad attempt at trolling for JDS8384 Whatever his name is lol to get an answer ..thanks
                  I'm a big fan of Yamanaka, I think it is rather clear he is the kingpin at 118. Really like to see him do some unifying and maybe move to 122 in 2018 where there is some better competition. Kind of sucks though because Japanese fighters rarely leave home and most bigger names won't go their to fight either. Hope he does'nt end up like Uchiyama.

Comment

If Raushee Warren lets his hands go he can definitely win the fight. Yamanaka did look impressive in his KO win over Moreno. But I'd still lean towards Warren to win.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                      I'm a big fan of Yamanaka, I think it is rather clear he is the kingpin at 118. Really like to see him do some unifying and maybe move to 122 in 2018 where there is some better competition. Kind of sucks though because Japanese fighters rarely leave home and most bigger names won't go their to fight either. Hope he does'nt end up like Uchiyama.
                      well the little guys have always found better $$$$ in Asia. Its sad but even Latino fighters like Linares and Chocolatito have to travel to Japan for good money

Uchiyama wasted his time and lost to a no name when he couldve pushed for unification with bigger names....Hope Yamanaka fights the other titlist...at least one of them.

Our boy Andrade went in the last few weeks...you think anyone will grow a pair and fight him next year.....Jermell talking about "stay broke, and wait for your chance".....really? there isnt anyone at 154 outside of Canelo, Andrade, his bro, stablemate Lara.....someone is going to have to fight BOO BOO soon

Comment

Working...
                      X