Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just rewatched the De La Hoya-Trinidad fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Nice bit of revisionist history taking place in this post.

For the record, it was De La Hoya who turned down the idea of a rematch.

Repeatedly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2607266
    It's not revisionist history, I clearly said that Tito demanded a different weight and wanted a 50-50 split. Let's remember that Tito is/was bigger than Oscar. He didn't want to do the fight at the same weight.

All of a sudden you can't make the same weight you did for the same fight you just had? Come on, like Oscar was scared to fight Tito...

I wouldn't say Robbery but I have watched that fight many times, and yes some rounds were close but Oscar won. Even in the moment, everyone around me (which happened to be from PR) said Oscar won.

He lost because he gassed and ran the last 3 rounds.
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 05-21-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

That was clearly a robbery.

Oscar took Felix to church.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I think I gave Tito the last 3 and another early or middle

I don't feel bad though because of how Oscar closed the fight.
        Doesn't justify a robbery. Oscar clearly won.

Comment

115-113 Fishnet

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
            That was clearly a robbery.

Oscar took Felix to church.
            No it wasn't - and no he didn't.

Trinidad swept the last three

and zero objectively looking fans can honestly say that Oscar swept the first 9.

I scored the fight consistenly 7-5 for Oscar - but I can't be mad at a 6-6 score or even a 7-5 Tito score

Either way - I just wish it was Oscar who ended Trinidad's career instead of old Roy - can't stand Trinidad

Comment

This is one of the fights I use as a barometer of how smart posters are. If you think it was a "robbery" then pack it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                It's not revisionist history, I clearly said that Tito demanded a different weight and wanted a 50-50 split. Let's remember that Tito is/was bigger than Oscar. He didn't want to do the fight at the same weight.

All of a sudden you can't make the same weight you did for the same fight you just had? Come on, like Oscar was scared to fight Tito...
                I never said that Oscar was afraid of fighting Trinidad in a rematch, just that he repeatedly turned down every reasonable offer by the Trinidad camp for one - Which he did.

Trinidad had some stupid demands at first regarding weight and a 60/40 split in his favor but his camp eventually offered Oscar a variety of very reasonable setups for that fight which Oscar scoffed at and walked away from. That is absolute fact.

I wouldn't say Robbery but I have watched that fight many times, and yes some rounds were close but Oscar won. Even in the moment, everyone around me (which happened to be from PR) said Oscar won.

He lost because he gassed and ran the last 3 rounds.
                I couldn't possibly care any less about what some Puerto Rican fight fans that you watched the fight with had to say about the outcome. It has no bearing on the fight itself nor its outcome. It's like me saying I watched Garcia/Herrera with a bunch of Puerto Ricans and they all said that Herrera won.

The fact of the matter is that there is a wealth of myths and an abundance of stupidity when it comes to discussing this fight, historically speaking.

Oscar didn't sweep the first 8 rounds. Oscar didn't take Tito to school. And Oscar didn't get robbed. Anybody who makes any of those statements clearly hasn't seen the fight and are just repeating what they've heard others say or, even more frightening, they don't know how to score a fight.

Comment

Working...
                X