Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Sergio get credit for beating JCCjr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior felt martinez's power and shelled up for most of the fight. Anyone deny this?

Comment

Originally posted by kobulingam View Post
      Junior felt martinez's power and shelled up for most of the fight. Anyone deny this?
      he was shook

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Yeah. Thank you Sergio for taking out the biggest bum worthless hype job in the sport. Hopefully that bum retires. He's not gonna be able to make 160 like this and 168 is a shark tank.
        That pretty much describes what 168 is for Chavez Jr. as far as the top 3 goes. Though now seeing him go 12 with Martinez, I can see him doing good against Arthur Abraham, Sakio Bika, Kelly Pavlik, Robert Stieglitz, Brian Magee, Don George, Edwin Rodriguez, George Groves, Thomas Oosthuizen, Adonis Stevenson, James DeGale.

If Arum can keep him away from Andre Ward, Carl Froch, Andre Dirrell, and Lucian Bute, then he should do that. If there's any promoter who can keep a fighter away from fighting the best for as long as possible, it's Bob Arum. He would need to work that magic with Chavez Jr at 168. Just have him fight the lower top 10, but keep him away the top 4.

Comment

Partly that and also if he would have opened up Sergio would have easily countered the hell out of him.

Comment

Was it that final second of that 4th round? Where Martinez through that left that wobbled Chavez Jr? I saw that, if that's the punch you meant.

Comment

Chavez looked like used toilet paper 95% of da fight, that is da only stat dat matters

Comment

Would've been incredible if Jr. managed to knock Martinez out Meldrick Taylor style.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                  Would've been incredible if Jr. managed to knock Martinez out Meldrick Taylor style.
                  What happened was meant to happen

Comment

For most the fight Chavez looked like an amateur. He couldn't get off and for the type of fighter he is, barely threw any punches. I give Martinez credit for that and if Martinez wasn't going for the knockout himself he probably would have cruised to an easy decision. The fight made me realize how good Martinez is and how Chavez's title run was somewhat supicious.

Comment

Junior getting out of the corner late multiple times should be telling. I totally disagree with the poster that think Jr would do ok against Abraham. These guys punch much harder. Jr won't even be in top 10. There is a reason that they put Junior in this weight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X