No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Thompson wants Tyson Fury fight
    #8 IBF heavyweight contender, Tony Thompson (38-4, 26 KO’s), says he wants a fight against #6 WBO Tyson Fury (21-0, 15 KO’s) in 2014. Thompson is prepared to face Fury in the UK.

Comment

• Tyson Fury says he's fighting in February

2014 Boxing Preview: New crop of heavyweight hopefuls positioning for Klitschko shot

David Haye interview

One down and one to go: Is the Klitschko heavyweight reign coming to an end?

Comment

• Here's my list of the best hw fights of 2013:

Magomed Abdusalamov - Mike Perez
        Brian Minto - Shane Cameron
        Amir Mansour - Kelvin Price
        Chris Arreola- Seth Mitchell
        Tony Thompson - David Price II
        Bermane Stiverne - Chris Arreola
        Mike Mollo - Artur Spzilka
        Mike Mollo - Artur Spzilka II
        Tyson Fury - Steve Cunningham
        Magomed Abdusalamov - Victor Bisbal
        Derick Chisora - Malik Scott
        Andy Ruiz - Joe Hanks
        Denis Boytsov - Alex Leapei
        Deontay Wilder - Nicolay Firtha
        Glazkov-Wilson
        Rekowski-Elijah McCall
        Povetkin-Wawrzyk
        Klitschko-Pianeta
        Takam-Grant
        Przemyslaw Saleta - Andrew Golota

I'd like to narrow the list down to 15 fights. Which ones should I omit? Also, did I leave any out?

Comment

• mansour--price ????

you cant be serious

Comment

• Magomed Abdusalamov - Mike Perez

Dereck Chisora - Malik Scott

Chris Arreola- Seth Mitchell

Tyson Fury - Steve Cunningham

Tony Thompson - David Price I & II

Bermane Stiverne - Chris Arreola

Andy Ruiz Jr. - Joe Hanks

Deontay Wilder - Nicolay Firtha

Denis Boytsov - Alex Leapei

Lucas Browne - Richard Towers

Vyacheslav Glazkov - Malik Scott

Artur Szpilka - Mike Mollo I & II

Seth Mitchell - Johnathan Banks

Christian Hammer - Leif Larsen

Bryant Jennings - Andrey Fedosov

Comment

• 2014 Boxing Preview: New crop of heavyweight hopefuls positioning for Klitschko shot

Comment

• Sauerland team is considering legal action against Helenius

Last Friday, at a press conference, Robert Helenius and his father swore they would no longer work under the auspices of Team Sauerland. In the same conference Helenius made several allegations against his promoter.

Now Sauerland have decided to fight back. The team have hired a lawyer with prior experience in professional boxing contract disputes. Helenius's scheduled ring return, in March 2014, is likely to be cancelled.

Comment

• Heavyweight Danny Williams returns tonight

44 year-old British heavyweight, Danny Williams (45-19-0, 34 KOs), will meet Czech, Tomáš Mrázek (8-45-6, 5 KOs), at Prague’s Lucerna Palace tonight.

Comment

• Hughie Fury has 14 months to beat Mike Tyson’s record

Journalist: Karl Freitag of Fight News.
                    Since his professional debut in March, heavyweight Hughie Fury (12-0, 7 KOs) has been repeatedly been touted by his PR machine as having a chance to beat Mike Tyson’s famous record of becoming the youngest fighter to win a world heavyweight title. For that to happen, Hughie (currently 19 years, 3 months old) has to win a world heavyweight within 14 months to best Tyson (who won the WBC heavyweight title at 20 years, five months).

“His first year as a professional is up at the end of March and already he’s had 12 fights, won all 12 with seven knockouts and next year we’ll be looking at all the top domestic fighters,” said Hughie’s father and trainer Peter Fury. “Hughie’s not hanging around, he’s upping his game next year and he’s upping his game with the class of opponents as well.”

“This is the kid to follow in world boxing because there is no other heavyweight like him on the planet,” Peter said. “I’m not saying that because he’s my son, I’m saying that because of the sheer ability and boxing brain that he’s got. He’s maturing as he’s growing, he’s got a cast iron chin, power, the sky is the limit. We are leaving no stone unturned with Hughie, we know what he’s got to work on, we know he’s still improving and he’s got a lot to learn. He knows exactly where he is and exactly what he needs to do, so we’re very much looking forward to the new year.”

Hughie, a cousin of heavyweight contender Tyson Fury, has credentials as the first British fighter to win a Gold Medal at the AIBA World Youth Boxing Championships at super heavyweight. He is 6’6 and still growing. On June 8, after his fifth fight, Hughie stated “I’ve got plenty of time, I’m only young and I’m improving every single fight. But I will do it, I will beat Mike Tyson’s record and be the youngest heavyweight world champion.”

Comment

• Team Leapai pushing for Klitschko fight in Australia

Billionaire promoter, Wladimir Hryunov, may help Alex Leapai secure a world title fight with Wladimir Klitschko in Australia in April/May 2014. Hryunov, who won the rights to stage Klitschko's last title defence against Russian Olympic gold medallist, Alexander Povetkin, told German reporters that if the fight goes to purse bids he will consider promoting the event.

David Traktovenko, the owner of Sydney FC, has also expressed interest in promoting the fight.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/bo...-1226792135468

Comment

Working...
                      X