Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs Maidana, Ortiz vs Berto... Which was better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
    It is a bit of a myth that Khan dominated all of the first 9 rounds, Maidana won rounds 3, 6 and 7, round 4 was also close. Maidana arguably won the last 3 rounds as well.
    I beg to differ, he had better rounds but Khan was controlling the fight with his jab and winning the fight.

Not until the right hand landed was it actually competitive. I had a house full of people and I remember people were saying it wasn't as exciting as they thought it might be. Maidana wasn't really reaching Khan in those early rounds.

Ortiz vs Berto was a much better fight. There was 4 knockdowns in the first 3 rounds I believe and they were throwing some really hard shots late in that fight, one of the best fights of the year no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      I beg to differ, he had better rounds but Khan was controlling the fight with his jab and winning the fight.

Not until the right hand landed was it actually competitive. I had a house full of people and I remember people were saying it wasn't as exciting as they thought it might be. Maidana wasn't really reaching Khan in those early rounds.

Ortiz vs Berto was a much better fight. There was 4 knockdowns in the first 3 rounds I believe and they were throwing some really hard shots late in that fight, one of the best fights of the year no doubt.
      Its all good we can beg to differ on the Maidana/Khan fight everyone has their own view.

Ortiz vs Berto was about as exciting as a fight can be for the first 6 rounds, after that it becomes a bit like a hugging match with the odd bit of Ortiz battering berto up against the ropes. Its still one of the fights of the year though.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
        It is a bit of a myth that Khan dominated all of the first 9 rounds, Maidana won rounds 3, 6 and 7, round 4 was also close. Maidana arguably won the last 3 rounds as well.
        I think it was more or less one of those situations where Maidana looks better, and thats why he won those rounds to most that were just trying to keep the scorecards close. Becuz any round u found a way to score for Maidana prior to round 10 could have just as easily gone to Khan. However every round Khan won was Khan's hands down, no argument possible.

Comment

I always LOL when the poll says one thing, but the comments say another. Either people r too lazy to argue their points like gentlemen, or they're just dick-riders tha don't know anything about boxing, and they just vote for they're favorite...

I mean, its ridiculous that Khan/Maidana has 14 votes, but only 12 people total commented

Comment

Working...
          X