No announcement yet.

i beleive that the economic depression we had was the best thing for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i beleive that the economic depression we had was the best thing for boxing

2009 was a great year and mainly because ppv fights were showed for free like mosley vs margarito and marquez diaz 1 also for free and many many more..this year we got marquez diaz 2 on ppv and it went to the cards..mosley ktfo margarito on free television and now were seeing him coming off a humiliating loss vs mayweather to now face sergio mora the most inactive boxer on the fkn planet and they got the audacity to put this crap on ppv..smh at promoters..only reason those fights werent on ppv was because they were forced to be put on for free because of non other then the economic depression

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
    2009 was a great year and mainly because ppv fights were showed for free like mosley vs margarito and marquez diaz 1 also for free and many many more..this year we got marquez diaz 2 on ppv and it went to the cards..mosley ktfo margarito on free television and now were seeing him coming off a humiliating loss vs mayweather to now face sergio mora the most inactive boxer on the fkn planet and they got the audacity to put this crap on ppv..smh at promoters..only reason those fights werent on ppv was because they were forced to be put on for free because of non other then the economic depression
    I agree i remember Barrera Juarez was a ppv thats just not acceptable,if boxing wants to make it back to where they were we need Championship fights on basic cable,until the sport does that we will be in the likes of hockey when it comes to popularity.

Comment

I remember JMM-Diaz 2 was PPV, pure bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
        Your sentiment is right.

But you're technically wrong. Yes there can be PPV's when they think that the fans will come and buy during great economic times.

But a lot of times, PPV's are made because they're not even good enough to be on regular HBO. Bob Arum has had a lot of PPV's because HBO wouldn't have it, and he had to generate money from somewhere.

Then there are times when HBO is willing to air a fight but not willing to pay a lot. And thus the promoters make it a PPV so they can pay the fighter. I'm assuming Mosley wants millions and HBO isn't willing to give it to him.

So even if it's 200k ppv's sold, that's some extra money in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post
          I remember JMM-Diaz 2 was PPV, pure bollocks.
          tHAT WAS BS BUT IT DID HAVE A STACKED UNDERCARD.

Comment

Had?, don't you mean have?

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              Had?, don't you mean have?
              well me and my family and many i know are economicly comfortable

Comment

Working...
              X