Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo, Triple-G Will Be Bombs Away From the Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see it going to an all out war from the start . . . . unless Canelo things that is his only chance. I do think it will heat up though by about the 4th round. If Canelo is getting handled by Golovkin's jab he's going to need to get inside. Oscar said you got to get inside on Golovkin, and I think he is right. This isn't Canelo's style but I don't anticipate he'll sit on the outside and get jabbed to death like he did vs. Floyd.

If Canelo is holding his own against Golovkin's jab then I think Golovkin will have to step up the pressure knowing that a decision isn't likely going his way.

I just don't see how this fight doesn't have fireworks at some point, and I'd say by 4th round at latest.

Comment

Oscar trying to sell tickets still... For all the talk about this fight selling out months ago, there's still a few thousands of tickets available.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
        Lol, True That

That was Oscar for the last 3 Canelo fights against Khan, Smith and Chavez Jr.

Lol, when he said Khan was in the same position Pacquiao was in when Pacquiao moved up to fight Oscar. "You saw what Pacquiao did to me when he moved up." Lol

"Liam Smith is the best of the 154 pound champions, this is a dangerous fight." Lol

Chavez Jr. is the bigger man, this is very dangerous, this is a 50/50 fight." Lol

You're right at least we don't have to hear that B.S. anymore from facing weak opposition.
        LOL yep.

"Dangerous fight" is a good phrase to throw out there to get a lot of people that don't know any betters attention I gotta figure cuz thats a popular one that a lot of promoters use when they are trying to hype 8 to 1 or wider favorite main event it seems like.

And honestly if boxing wasn't f#cking around so much there should rarely be a 8 to 1 main event for any big TV or PPV fight ever. That sh^t should be a co-main worse case & probably below that.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          Oscar trying to sell tickets still... For all the talk about this fight selling out months ago, there's still a few thousands of tickets available.
          You really doubt that it won't be a full house? Which fight with a big name Mexican in a big fight haven't completely filled the house. These are all secondary market tickets. I'm checking how much they come down because the cheapest ticket is still $700 from what I've seen as of this morning.

Comment

No way this is Haler-Hearns, it'll be more of a Matthysse-Garcia pace. Steady action and a tense atmosphere but far from the all out war we expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              This fight is going 12 rounds. To HIGHLY skilled P4P Boxers RARELY ever get KO'd.

BOTH are too smart to go stupid and turn into head hunters. The 1st one that does is going to lose.
              You sound stupid. This isnt going 12. Its a thing called fatigue and stamina. Doesnt matter how skilled you are. Ggg will make nelo fight every second of every round, he will be gassed and worn down even if he is winning most of the exchanges.

Comment

leaning towards the draw, with alvarez getting out to a good early start, then golovkin closing the gap in the late rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  You sound stupid. This isnt going 12. Its a thing called fatigue and stamina. Doesnt matter how skilled you are. Ggg will make nelo fight every second of every round, he will be gassed and worn down even if he is winning most of the exchanges.
                  My $$$$ says otherwise? Take the under 9.5 rounds and I'll take the over....

How much you gonna you willing to lose??? You can ALWAYS use Daddy's $$$$ to pay me.

Remind me how many times has GGG been past 8 rounds??? And you talk about GASSING??? And when they did go past 8 rounds look at the compubox #'s you dumb FUK!

Man I should get paid for teaching these CASUAL fans!

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                    Fuk it! Just but up ALL your measly points! And I'll match it.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      leaning towards the draw, with alvarez getting out to a good early start, then golovkin closing the gap in the late rounds...
                      Smart MAN!!!

These are 3 VERY different judges.

I'm thinking SD or MD. But man if you put money on a draw and win???

Comment

Working...
                      X