Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Hunt vs JDS official for UFC 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Hunt is going to beat the **** out of JDS if Junior doesn't take him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      Mark Hunt is going to beat the **** out of JDS if Junior doesn't take him down.
      When JDS goes on the offensive he is an absolute beast. Quick and seriously powerful combos for a heavyweight fighter. He can beat Mark Hunt who has some seriously heavy hands, box him and move. Hunt is slow, pretty much a one trick pony. Hes looking to land that one big shot to change the fight and from what we have seen JDS can take punishment but one thing which is a weakness for JDS is his stamina. He looks an animal in the first round, then after that he still looks good but significantly slower and sloppier. He needs to use his ground game more, he has good TDD but no guard, submissions. I haven't seen too much regarding his clinch though and dirty boxing. Honestly JDS can beat him but he needs to keep Hunt guessing with the occasional takedown attempt. Just Box and move can give him the victory with that combined. Hunt was lucky Struve fought absolutely stupid in his last fight. I like Hunt, he brings it, hes fought in PRIDE/K1 but I think this is JDS' fight if Junior fights smart. Hunt has that ridiculous power like Hendo which can change the fight with one punch. As long as Junior avoids it with good movement and crisp boxing and TD he should secure a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
        Ive got JDS anybody want to bet
        I'm game for that.

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
        Struve is a human 7ft punching bag. Junior actually has head movement. And he's a great ass counterpuncher. He's not just gonna stand tall letting Hunt wail on him. He's gonna jab the hell outta him and hit him with clean right hands why Hunt swings for air and taste Juniors glove all night.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        I'd offer to bet with you too, but I don't want to take the rest of your points.

I do like you. But your post comes off as ignorant to me.

Mark Hunt is a world class kickboxer.

He's passed his prime as a kickboxer.

But he is head and shoulders, hell hips, head and shoulders, above anybody in the UFC heavyweight division with respect to striking skills. Overeem is the only guy that could be mentioned in a conversation, because a lot of his base is kickboxing, and he does have some professional kickboxing experience, although not that much. His K-1 Grand Prix victory was a fluke. He fought a broken-armed Gohkan Saki in the Semi's, and basically walked over him. A 40 year old Peter Aerts beat Semmy Schilt for him on the other side of the bracket, in what was one hell of a fight. A fresh Overeem who had just walked all over Saki beat a tired old warhorse, who had just put in what was by far the fight and performance of the night, in the finals over 3 rounds.

Things happen in tournaments. Overeem deserves to be proud. But we also have to keep things in perspective.

Nobody in the UFC heavyweight division is on Hunt's level in the striking department. That is simply a factual statement. I'm actually picking Hunt by 1st round knockout. I think this is a very good fight for him.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 03-15-2013, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
          JDS TKO/KO

Hope Hunt wins but unless he hits him with something crazy early he will be spanked badly.
          This post is another example of what I'm talking about.

Why is it that it is so hard for people to comprehend that Mark Hunt is simply speaking a worldclass kickboxer? In his prime, that is, of course. That isn't to say he is in worldclass form at the moment, with respect to competitive professional kickboxing. But, his striking is way better than any other heavyweight in the UFC, and it isn't even a contest.
          Last edited by Drunken Cat; 03-15-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            I'm game for that.

I'd offer to bet with you too, but I don't want to take the rest of your points.

But he is head and shoulders, hell hips, head and shoulders, above anybody in the UFC heavyweight division with respect to striking skills. Overeem is the only guy that could be mentioned in a conversation, because a lot of his base is kickboxing, and he does have some professional kickboxing experience, although not that much. His K-1 Grand Prix victory was a fluke. He fought a broken-armed Gohkan Saki in the Semi's, and basically walked over him. A 40 year old Peter Aerts beat Semmy Schilt for him on the other side of the bracket, in what was one hell of a fight. A fresh Overeem who had just walked all over Saki beat a tired old warhorse, who had just put in what was by far the fight and performance of the night, in the finals over 3 rounds.

Things happen in tournaments. Overeem deserves to be proud. But we also have to keep things in perspective.

Nobody in the UFC heavyweight division is on Hunt's level in the striking department. That is simply a factual statement. I'm actually picking Hunt by 1st round knockout. I think this is a very good fight for him.
            Man Ive been saying that forever about overeem. He wouldn't have won the Strikeforce Grand Prix even if even stayed in it. Hes a bully and nothing more. Sergie or Barnett whoever won that fight I thought would have knocked him out.

And the key point of your post is "Hunt is a past prime Kickboxer". The Hunt that went to hell and back with Cro Cop in there 3 fights I would pick by KO on Dos Santos any day.

But like how people like me invested way to much into JDS first KO of Cain, I think people are investing way to much in how poor Junior fought against Cain the 2nd time. Hunt is not the same striker he use to be. Lets not pretend hes outpointing everybody in the UFC. Lets not pretend he was dominating Struve either. If Struve would of survived I think that was his decision.

Hunt is not the same striker he use to be. Hes all about landing that big punch hes not outboxing nobody at this point lets be real. Unless he lands a bomb Junior is winning a decision. Cain was too fast and has cardio for days. Hunt can't run at JDS nonstop like cain did for 5 rounds.

Hunt wants to go blow for blow at this point in his career and Junior isnt that type of guy. I feel you are extremely underrating his boxing ability. Yeah his technique isn't Mayweather esqe but he has a solid jab and straight right. Hes not an inside fighter either. I think he will use movement and outbox Hunt cleanly throughout to win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              I'm game for that.

Here's the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                When JDS goes on the offensive he is an absolute beast. Quick and seriously powerful combos for a heavyweight fighter. He can beat Mark Hunt who has some seriously heavy hands, box him and move. Hunt is slow, pretty much a one trick pony. Hes looking to land that one big shot to change the fight and from what we have seen JDS can take punishment but one thing which is a weakness for JDS is his stamina. He looks an animal in the first round, then after that he still looks good but significantly slower and sloppier. He needs to use his ground game more, he has good TDD but no guard, submissions. I haven't seen too much regarding his clinch though and dirty boxing. Honestly JDS can beat him but he needs to keep Hunt guessing with the occasional takedown attempt. Just Box and move can give him the victory with that combined. Hunt was lucky Struve fought absolutely stupid in his last fight. I like Hunt, he brings it, hes fought in PRIDE/K1 but I think this is JDS' fight if Junior fights smart. Hunt has that ridiculous power like Hendo which can change the fight with one punch. As long as Junior avoids it with good movement and crisp boxing and TD he should secure a win.
                Didn't read past the bold because JDS is an uppercut, and that's it.

Comment

JDS is gonna batter him from the outside, i see a stoppage for JDS, Hunt is getting stopped early or late n it dont really matter i dont see Hunt winning at all lol, he gots striking skills n could land a big punch but i just dont see it
                  Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 03-15-2013, 07:12 AM.

Comment

should be plenty of betting for this event

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                      JDS is gonna batter him from the outside, i see a stoppage for JDS, Hunt is getting stopped early or late n it dont really matter i dont see Hunt winning at all lol, he gots striking skills n could land a big punch but i just dont see it
                      I seriously dont get how people think JDS will be able to do this without gassing himself out if he doesn't land anything significant to bother Hunt.

We havent seen JDS carry any power late into his fights (couldn't finish Carwin/Nelson and he hasnt had that many dec fights either).. but we know Hunt has the ability to do so.

I think its JDS that needs to put Hunto away quickly more than the other way around. Whats JDS got that even we dont already know.. a right hand and an uppercut. (Which isnt nearly as effective while fighting backing up) and if Cain can get inside this 'magical' jab JDS posses.. really?

Comment

Working...
                      X