Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mayweather era is dead...... the Wilder era has officially begun!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
    A guy who can't box, doesn't engage.

People want to tell me that's exciting?

This weekend was 20 minutes and 54 seconds of nothing. Then one punch.

As a boxing fan, it's intriguing watching the underdog winning for 20 minutes and wondering if Wilder can find the punch. I'll give you that.

But that's not PPV material. Much better off watching either the knockout on YouTube or waiting for him to lose on the cards.

Casuals will know about Wilder from their social media but they won't pay money for that rubbish.
    Look, you just don't get it. The simple, pure joys of white knee-high socks with sandals, a pantry full of spaghetti-o's that are for your consumption and not a 6 year old's, and six separate subscriptions to those little monthly treasure boxes filled with rubber bands and little packets of candy corn. You're just numale soy boy boxing intelligentsia bra

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
      Look, you just don't get it. The simple, pure joys of white knee-high socks with sandals, a pantry full of spaghetti-o's that are for your consumption and not a 6 year old's, and six separate subscriptions to those little monthly treasure boxes filled with rubber bands and little packets of candy corn. You're just numale soy boy boxing intelligentsia bra
      You might be a genius because that's gone right over my head.

Of course, you also might not be. It's hard to make out what all that gibberish meant.

Comment

But Fury is the best pure boxer in the heavyweight division.

Comment

I don't think anybody's going to replicate the level of fame and fortune that Mayweather had any time soon, but it is interesting that Wilder was the first-placed boxer on ESPN's sports fame list or whatever it was that was mentioned in an article on here earlier in the week. I think that he's beating out other fighters like Canelo and Pacquiao just goes to show that people still love the spectacle of big heavyweight knockouts. He's probably the most similar in terms of his identity to Mike Tyson in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            I don't think anybody's going to replicate the level of fame and fortune that Mayweather had any time soon, but it is interesting that Wilder was the first-placed boxer on ESPN's sports fame list or whatever it was that was mentioned in an article on here earlier in the week. I think that he's beating out other fighters like Canelo and Pacquiao just goes to show that people still love the spectacle of big heavyweight knockouts. He's probably the most similar in terms of his identity to Mike Tyson in that respect.
            Very true, the average fan only seeks the KO or a beatdown and HWs deliver the most of that, even low level HW boxing has big power KOs .

HW will always rule the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
              The era of pillow-fisted boring coward-runner Mayweather has finally died and last Saturday was his funeral.

Deontay Wilder has officially arrived. The baddest man on the planet. The hardest puncher in boxing history. A 7ft tall Heavyweight King with a granite chin and a bazooka right hand. Knocks 220+lb men the fcvk out. Guranteed excitement and drama in every fight. This is what real boxing looks like!!!

Gayweather knows this thats why he cried "Im coming back in 2020" to try to get some attention. And for the first time in his life, no one gave a FCVK!

Long Live King WILDER, the new King of Boxing!
              he is not 7 feet stop exaggerating probably 6-6. doesnt have a granite chin. wilder has over 40 fights and only fought 3 quality people.

that being said he brought a lot excitement but lets stop with the lies

Comment

Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
                he is not 7 feet stop exaggerating probably 6-6. doesnt have a granite chin. wilder has over 40 fights and only fought 3 quality people.

that being said he brought a lot excitement but lets stop with the lies
                You’re not very smart are you. Probably one of those kids that rode the special bus to school. Bet you’re a lot of fun at parties too.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                  I just like boxing and after 50 yrs you can appreciate the greats no matter what style they are , you dont have to be exciting to be brilliant and you dont have to ko people to be a bad ass.

There are two types of fans, fans of a certain fighter and fans of boxing, a fan of boxing can be rational a fan of a fighter cannot.

Styles in fighters to me doesnt matter, its how good they are at doing it, I dont care what personality they are or what they do outside the ring, no different than a sour racehorse that bites you every chance it gets, but its a champion racer.

When you look at boxing like an olympic judge would look at a match, or a racehorse trainer looks at his prospects without bias , then all the BS dissolves and you have only boxing, its here Floyd is great, pound for pound Floyd is so hard to beat and people dont give him the credit for that, everybody is going walk through him, well Ive seen everyone and none will just walk through Floyd at his weight, lots might beat Floyd we are talking an elite group here, but non will do it easy.

I mostly stick up for Floyd because I know how good he really is and he doesnt get the recognition he deserves for his talent, but I get how many hate on him in a plastic world, I dont care for that sht he aint my neighbor, I look at his control of distance, positioning, balance, reading the fight like a chess master, entrapment, defense and superb conditioning they were his tools along side his greatest asset as a fighter his mind, he was always in control, his worst moments in any fight he was always in control.

I dont go with TBE thing I think a lot of guys could possibly beat Floyd but easy, no way.
                  I’m with you and respect everything you said I just feel like too many fans just hitch their wagon to Mayweather as a way of seeming knowledgeable

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
                    You’re not very smart are you. Probably one of those kids that rode the special bus to school. Bet you’re a lot of fun at parties too.
                    I rode with your mother to school but detoured to a hotel and yes I was a lot of fun at parties with your mother.

Comment

Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
                      I rode with your mother to school but detoured to a hotel and yes I was a lot of fun at parties with your mother.
                      Ooooh a yo mama joke. Kid you were breastfed by your Dad. And no that wasn’t Milk.

Comment

Working...
                      X