Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoever clears out HW, where does that fighter rank all time in the division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever clears out HW, where does that fighter rank all time in the division?

Let's say either Joshua, Wilder or Fury (assuming he can make a full comeback) fight each other and one man is left standing. We must also assume that said fighter is beating the top contenders as well. Where would you rank him among all time great heavyweights?

I'd say Joshua and Fury have the potential to rank higher than Wilder though because they each have wins over Klitschko.

I believe all 3 fighter will fight each other multiple times due to there age and money it will generate !! As in ranking in the history book it's probably the weakest era !! Which is not anyone's fault it's the hand they where dealt but expect trilogy with all 3 hopefully Fury gets in shape stays in shape . He must be thinking only got 5 million for the WK fight while Martin got 12 r 13"million . Yes over paid but Hearns plan/gamble worked big-time , 2 fights 90 k considering Takan was a nobody imagine Wilder and Fury against AJ and Vice Versa .. best thing Fury is from the UK so when Fury and DW go at it Sellout !!!! Hearns owns all other promoters!!! Arum old , Oscar gets no respect so I bet his plan is to mix it up with AL H. and maybe one day Mr. White UFC

Comment

About tree fiddy

Comment

Just because one of them beats the rest doesn't make him that much better. He might rank as one of the 10 best heavyweights of all time but I would have to see how his fights go. I can't rank him in advance. AJ has an average chin and is very short on stamina. Wilder has an average chin and throws many wild sloppy wide punches that leave him open for shorter straighter counter punches. Fury doesn't seem to love boxing anymore. Parker struggles to beat average fighters. Ortiz is too old and slow. I don't see any outstanding heavyweights today. Today's heavyweight are good but nothing special. I would favor a prim Ali, Liston, Lewis, Tyson or Foreman to beat them all. Some others might also beat them.

Comment

We'll never know - one of the top dogs barks a lot, but has very little bite to back it up.

He's more about what he doesn't do, than what he does.

Comment

These kinds of things are mostly covered with a lot of passion and emotions so you can't go by any Joe's opinion. Ask a Tyson fan who can beat Tyson in his prime and they say "no one ever in history". Smh.

But if we are being realistic, the best heavyweight era is from Joe Louis to Ali. You can easily list top 10s just from there. I don't even know much from that era but with the fights I have watched, the guy who lost to the guy that lost to the other guy was also very good. Lol.

2nd best era will be the Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis era then we can throw in Vitali too and maybe Wladimir but I think he is too stiff to be place anywhere in the top 10.

From Wladimir down has been good heavyweights. If Wilder with all his athleticism and power can clean out the division, then maybe you can ask around and find someone who will place him close to top 10.

Joshua is a good technical fighter atleast in modern heavyweight standards but he is just too low on gas to even be considered, then add the average chin. Until he improves that, he might as well forget it.

Tyson had 5 years of greatness and people throw him in the top 20 so Fury who barely has 2 years of greatness is totally off the list unless he comes back and do the cleaning. That will be really something.

Now it's mostly about power. Back then it was about agility, speed, stamina, power, endurance and resilience.
            Last edited by mvooom; 01-06-2018, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X