Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs is gonna sell out the Barclays against who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs is gonna sell out the Barclays against who?

I like Jacobs but with no Saunders, Canelo or Golovkin he doesn't have many options. This whole Hearn thing might fail....
    Last edited by Mammoth; 01-06-2018, 12:26 PM.

Hearn is taking over American boxing bro what are you talking about. He's the best promoter of all time

Comment

Jacobs will probably fight another uber driver.

Comment

I wouldn't be so worried

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        I like Jacobs but with no Saunders, Canelo or Golovkin he doesn't have many options. This whole Hearn thing might fail....
        HBO has put their money (or whatever's left of their boxing budget) on middleweights. Canelo, Golovkin, Lemieux, Jacobs, Andrade, Cotto*.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez fights Golovkin in May (I think he beats Golovkin clearly in the 2nd fight), and then likely fights Saunders in September (in a likely not eye-opening fight, I think Alvarez does good enough work that he gets the decision); whether Alvarez gets over his beef with the WBC is unclear.

The HBO deal was likely for only long enough until Jacobs could fight Alvarez and get beat.

Eddie Hearn/Al Haymon were able to get Jacobs a guaranteed 3 HBO dates, and Jacobs will get 3 dates; if the Saunders fight doesn't happen next, don't be shocked to see Martin Murray get the call for the April date. With one date remaining, the options for the fight become clearer (Alvarez, Golovkin, Andrade on the HBO side).

Anthony Joshua still fights for Matchroom Sport/Sky Sports and, outside of an utter washout on the Wilder fight, the UK is still humming.

Hearn still butters the bread in the UK, and that's not changing soon.

Comment

Good luck to him. Jacobs is a nice guy and an OK boxer.

Comment

No Saunders, no Jermall. Better call up Andy Lee or Korobov...

Comment

Hearn talking about a Spike O'Sullivan fight. Time to leave Hearn...

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                Hearn is taking over American boxing bro what are you talking about. He's the best promoter of all time
                Did you see the amazing job he did with Luis Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Did you see the amazing job he did with Luis Ortiz?
                  Lol how long did that one last?

Comment

Spike O'Sullivan... Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                    X