Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is a BEAST and the Heavyweight King. The ref saved Carlos Takam.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua is a BEAST and the Heavyweight King. The ref saved Carlos Takam.

F#ck all you haters. As the successes keep mounting, there's more and more of you coming out of the woodwork. The belts will be unified, whether you like it or not, by the MAN in Heavyweight boxing, "AJ" Anthony Joshua.

Carlos Takam is tough and he deserves a lot of respect. He put up a good fight. However, his best offense of the night was an intentional headbutt which broke AJ's nose in the early stages. Thereafter Takam got bashed up, busted up and saved by the referee. He was getting rocked and was heading towards a brutal KO defeat.

There is nobody out there who comes close to AJ in the division. A fit/prime Tyson Fury would have been the hardest test, but Tyson is shot. There's nobody. AJ is going to reign long-term and you better get used to it. Everyone will get their beatings. Jarrell Miller, Joseph Parker, Kubrat Pulev, Dillian Whyte II, Deontay Wilder, they'll get their 15 minutes.

Dillian Whyte II

Comment

win or lose parker is gonna make joshua piss blood and wilder is gonna retire him

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Dillian Whyte II
        Yep and Takam was going the distance they gave AJ a bs stoppage win that robbed Takam from being the first to go the distance, crap stoppage..

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Dillian Whyte II
          That rematch will make more money than the Deontay Wilder fight.

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          win or lose parker is gonna make joshua piss blood and wilder is gonna retire him
          Joseph Parker is about five foot eleven. He won't last six rounds with Anthony Joshua. Carlos Takam beat Parker already, battered him in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Yep and Takam was going the distance they gave AJ a bs stoppage win that robbed Takam from being the first to go the distance, crap stoppage..
            Who knows what would have happened? It could have went 12. I just don't wanna see it again.

Comment

Check this out. Joseph Parker is listed as 6'4" tall. Carlos Takam is listed as 6'1½" tall. And yet, Takam is taller than Parker at the faceoff and bigger built:

And now consider how Takam looked a weight division or two smaller than AJ:

Parker has one gear and is a midget. He is going to get dealt with very quickly. Probably won't even be AJ who gets to him first.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
                That rematch will make more money than the Deontay Wilder fight.
                Doubt it, general public already saw Joshua flatten Whyte. All Sky need to do is get their hype machine going, big up Wilder as the true threat in the division, like the American equivalent of AJ and public will lap it up.

Also, Wilder would have more worldwide appeal anyway.

Whyte is domestic/euro level at best. He's really chinny too. Chisora isn't a puncher and he had Whyte doing the funky chicken a few times and Helenius did tonight. Any world level fighter with genuine offensive skills will KO Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
                  Check this out. Joseph Parker is listed as 6'4" tall. Carlos Takam is listed as 6'1½" tall. And yet, Takam is taller than Parker at the faceoff and bigger built:

And now consider how Takam looked a weight division or two smaller than AJ:

Parker has one gear and is a midget. He is going to get dealt with very quickly. Probably won't even be AJ who gets to him first.
                  I don't think Parker is 6'4"

Haye is billed at 6'3" but i think he's more like 6'2" or 6'1". Bellew is 6'2" or 6'3" and looks slightly taller than Haye if you take away the afro.

I've met Haye in real life, i'm around 6'1" or 6'2" and seemed to be about exactly the same height.

So judging by these picture and Takam/Parker photo, it probably ties in right with Parker being 6'2" at most.

Last edited by TheBigLug; 10-28-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I doubt that Joshua can reign for a long time with his style. It's the HW division where one punch can change everything and Joshua is quite hittable. He also has a cardio problem and fades later in the fight.

People think that just because Klitschko managed to rule the HW for 10 years that he will now have some sort of successor. Klitschko's reign was an anomaly, he had the perfect style and discipline to do it that no one else has. We will never see anything like it anymore.

Joshua will eventually get dethroned in the next 3 or 4 years, I'm 100% certain about this. There are lots of prospects coming up, it's possible we'll see a Buster Douglas type of upset soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X