Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Will Defend His Titles in March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we all know the March opponent will not be a truly high level fighter but let's not applaud GGG if he takes on another 154 pound push over. I'm sure they can get a top 15 legit MW in the ring.

June however, is when GGG will have to step up. He could fight a number of opponents: Barker, Macklin, Proksa. All fights people want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
      I think we all know the March opponent will not be a truly high level fighter but let's not applaud GGG if he takes on another 154 pound push over. I'm sure they can get a top 15 legit MW in the ring.

June however, is when GGG will have to step up. He could fight a number of opponents: Barker, Macklin, Proksa. All fights people want to see.
      I'm sure they can't...who's going to take a fight on possibly foreign soil with less than 8 weeks to prepare or even promote the fight? certainly not anybody on the verge of getting a title shot

ggg already disposed of proksa in december...keep up

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        One of the 5 fights needs to be against another titlist. He'll probably run through the WBA rankings. Let's look at them, shall we??

-Murray (#1) is fighting Martinez on April.
        -Sturm (#2) is fighting Soliman on February 1st, already ducked GGG before.
        -Sainte (#3) is fighting Bursak on February 2nd.
        -Nielsen (#4) is fighting Mendy in February 9th.
        -Zbik (#5) is inactive since he caught that L against Sturm last April.
        -Sanchez(#6) doesn't have a fight scheduled.
        -Bryant (#7) doesn't have a fight scheduled
        -Proksa (#8) already caught a beating and Lee (#9) is returning from his loss to Chavez on February 9th.

He has three WBA opponents available, but Sanchez is only 21 with 24 fights. Bryant is 33 with only 20 fights. Clearly, the opposition leaves something to be desired. GGG will probably pound on Zbik next.
        Damn, Zbik hasn't won a fight in 2 1/2 years and got hammered by Sturm last time out. Still, wouldn't mind seeing GGG knock him out since he's a former paper title holder. Sturm will never, ever fight Golovkin, but Martinez, Geale or Macklin might down the road if the money is good. Hopefully it's Pirog over the summer. He would murder Chavez and Chavez's promoters wouldn't allow that to happen

Comment

Chavez jr will duck ggg

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Lots of guys tied up for March... but wouldn't be surprised to see Zbik. Would be crazy if they put David Lemieux in there with him
            I would love to see that fight. Even though GGG would probably not have too hard of a time, Lemieux would be as dangerous as heck for the first 2-3 rounds.

You can never go wrong with two explosive punchers facing off.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              I would love to see that fight. Even though GGG would probably not have too hard of a time, Lemieux would be as dangerous as heck for the first 2-3 rounds.

You can never go wrong with two explosive punchers facing off.
              True... but if they ever did fight... Lemieux would be very very hurt

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                that's not true at all

Carlos Molina wants Golovkin and is willing to move up from 154

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13598.html

Fernando Guerrero called him out in person

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-gen...uerrero--59748

Marco Antiono Rubio says bring it on

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-gen...uerrero--59748

so come on it's not like everybody is running scared of him.
                exactly..no 1 fears this guy at all,people need to stop hyping this guy up

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  exactly..no 1 fears this guy at all,people need to stop hyping this guy up
                  Anyone who wants to fight and defend their title 5 times in one year isnt hype.
                  He gets props for not being like one of those lame ass fighters who only fights once a year so they can say i was champ for so long:WORD: GGG is a power hitting technician. Nobody fears him but nobody breaking down his door either. They know the number, all they have to do is ....call!
                  Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

this may actually be a negative thing. quality instead of quantity.Fighting 5 cab drivers in a year isn't as attractive as having 2 or 3 meaningful fights in a year. we wont be seein pirog or anyone else of any calibur signing to fight on 2 mths notice. just as hbo is doinwith broner, give them more fights and ez fights to get some exposure.

Comment

It's unlikely he'll fight 5 times. Everyone says that or has that as a goal but it isn't that easy, especially if HBO offers a specific date he may have to wait. He's going to fight in March, then a "bigger" fight in June...I bet he fights 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Working...
                      X