No announcement yet.

Jump Rope Tricks & Weird Pushups??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
    You got any new jump ripe trick or push ideas I can show my sister? She loves a challenge
    Also what I would do on this forum is take only the good and leave the bad. You came here talking about tips and tricks, if dudes wanna make it personal etc.

Just remember take the good and leave the bad bro. Keep on your path, and only look where your going.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
      First off love what your doing with I love boxing! kudos and great great discussions about the technique of boxing.

Second off my coach has us do a few things planks going from a push up position to our elbows. so he'll call out hands then we go to push up then he'll call out elbows and we'll drop down. from there (being on our elbows) we do reach outs we do reach outs. you can vary them up.

Another one we do is from standing we bend over and then walk out hands out to a pushup position do a pushup then walk our legs in and stand up then walks our hands out do a pushup etc etc from one seice of the room to the other ( 20ish feet give or take) there and back twice.

Another one I do is pushups on those medicine balls put your legs are on a big yoga ball so you pretty much maxing out on shoulders and core. You do one pushup then after that you bring your legs in, knees towards chest the yoga ball will allow this because it rolls then you roll it out and do another pushup. This one is tough also.

Also you can plank from elbows to hands on a yoga ball that one is good for building stability and using the stabilizing muscles fo balance. doing this one last is a killer lol cause everything is tired and all you feel is burn lol i hates it.

And lastly, they say the potential panacea of workouts is doing burpees, I start out with 20 then take a 1 min break, and do 10 ,break, do ten ,break, do 10 til i reach 100. That's a killer for me. i try to focus on technique and form so that i'm light on my feet when I land. This builds allot it's a total body work out and builds explosive Cardio. Good on your sis bro! Keep it up!

Yeah do all that.

Marine Burpess are better, incorporate a press up and leg spread into the burpee.

Jump, then down straight into a press up and then legs out / in and up to Jump again.

You can do Supermans (Which I think you are referring to with reach outs) Spidermans aswell are great for core.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

It's the internet. Everyone has an opinion, most are going to give it, because you asked them to. Getting pissy about it isn't going to help. The guy did exactly what you asked him to do. Just because he doesn't skip like Mayweather Jr or Duran doesn't mean he isn't going to respond to a question that you asked people to respond to.

Why don't you just say what you actually want to instead of hiding it behind fake questions, which you just get defensive about anyway? ie "Check out my sisters killer rope routine and push ups. All you ****s are ******* and couldn't give advice about it if you wanted to....you fat, lazy pricks."

Your a lil off buddy. I asked if anybody had any new tricks. I guess I should have been more clear. Post jump rope tricks of your own and she will try them. That's exactly what I meant.

"You got any new jump ripe trick or push ideas I can show my sister? " I can see how this quote from my question does not say that.

So I will say again. Does anyone personally have any jump rope tricks I can give her to try....

Wow People

Comment

One of the few things about the internet that ****s me...Guys who come and pretend to discuss stuff, but who are only in it to promote themselves.

I don't mind anyone promoting what they do. In fact, I love checking out new things. Anyone who has the gumption, know-how, determination and willingness to do their thing and push it has my respect.....BUT....

Don't ****ing pretend though. It's always obvious. Barry is clearly a good trainer. But he pretends to want to have internet, forum based discussions, when in fact he just wants to promote.

That's cool, promote away, put up every video you have, but don't goddamned pretend that you are here for anything other than promoting your business.

He doesn't want to hear advice, as has been found out with everything he's ever put up. He wants to show what he's doing and what his training and business is about to try and get people to buy/come to it.

Promote it! Don't ask BS fake questions which are really about promoting what you do in the guise of 'internet discussion'.

Comment

First off love what your doing with I love boxing! kudos and great great discussions about the technique of boxing.

Second off my coach has us do a few things planks going from a push up position to our elbows. so he'll call out hands then we go to push up then he'll call out elbows and we'll drop down. from there (being on our elbows) we do reach outs we do reach outs. you can vary them up.

Another one we do is from standing we bend over and then walk out hands out to a pushup position do a pushup then walk our legs in and stand up then walks our hands out do a pushup etc etc from one seice of the room to the other ( 20ish feet give or take) there and back twice.

Another one I do is pushups on those medicine balls put your legs are on a big yoga ball so you pretty much maxing out on shoulders and core. You do one pushup then after that you bring your legs in, knees towards chest the yoga ball will allow this because it rolls then you roll it out and do another pushup. This one is tough also.

Also you can plank from elbows to hands on a yoga ball that one is good for building stability and using the stabilizing muscles fo balance. doing this one last is a killer lol cause everything is tired and all you feel is burn lol i hates it.

And lastly, they say the potential panacea of workouts is doing burpees, I start out with 20 then take a 1 min break, and do 10 ,break, do ten ,break, do 10 til i reach 100. That's a killer for me. i try to focus on technique and form so that i'm light on my feet when I land. This builds allot it's a total body work out and builds explosive Cardio. Good on your sis bro! Keep it up!
            Thanks bro, I will pass it on.

I forgot about Inch Worms! We use to do those in the military for like an hour when we were in trouble :/

The 2nd from last paragraph sounds like a monster! Im gonna try it myself today.

Good look

Comment

Also what I would do on this forum is take only the good and leave the bad. You came here talking about tips and tricks, if dudes wanna make it personal etc.

Just remember take the good and leave the bad bro. Keep on your path, and only look where your going.
              You know what bro....your absolutely right. I don't know why I respond. Thanks for checking me on that and I on't be taking the bait from now on.

Appreciate it

Comment

One of the few things about the internet that ****s me...Guys who come and pretend to discuss stuff, but who are only in it to promote themselves.

I don't mind anyone promoting what they do. In fact, I love checking out new things. Anyone who has the gumption, know-how, determination and willingness to do their thing and push it has my respect.....BUT....

Don't ****ing pretend though. It's always obvious. Barry is clearly a good trainer. But he pretends to want to have internet, forum based discussions, when in fact he just wants to promote.

That's cool, promote away, put up every video you have, but don't goddamned pretend that you are here for anything other than promoting your business.

He doesn't want to hear advice, as has been found out with everything he's ever put up. He wants to show what he's doing and what his training and business is about to try and get people to buy/come to it.

Promote it! Don't ask BS fake questions which are really about promoting what you do in the guise of 'internet discussion'.
                Bro, it's the internet. it can be used for whatever you want. You can promote yourself too. This guy knows boxing and wants to work with people who know it then by all means. The internet is an open forum to do whatever you want yo. This topic of how to use it is way off. Give jump rope tips or just don't answer the thread.

Are you envious of Barry and what he's doing? If so, then try it out. If not why not be supportive, he's not hurting anyone yo.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
                  Your a lil off buddy. I asked if anybody had any new tricks. I guess I should have been more clear. Post jump rope tricks of your own and she will try them. That's exactly what I meant.

"You got any new jump ripe trick or push ideas I can show my sister? " I can see how this quote from my question does not say that.

So I will say again. Does anyone personally have any jump rope tricks I can give her to try....

Wow People
                  Actually I think he's right and you probably know them all anyway. Like you said your a teacher now not a student.

I got one though, stick the rope in your mouth whilst perfroming any excersize this gives the feeling of wearing a gumshield and help's with breathing. It also stops BS coming out of the mouth.

Comment

Bro, it's the internet. it can be used for whatever you want. You can promote yourself too. This guy knows boxing and wants to work with people who know it then by all means. The internet is an open forum to do whatever you want yo. This topic of how to use it is way off. Give jump rope tips or just don't answer the thread.

Are you envious of Barry and what he's doing? If so, then try it out. If not why not be supportive, he's not hurting anyone yo.
                    Listen m8, why dont you start from the beginning and see what you think.

FFS All I said was she looked pretty tense but good and the next thing I'm being asked to upload video's of me. wtf, it was just a comment which the forum is for.

I watch most of his videos and enjoy them, Im not looking to create my own coaching . videos or anything it was JUST A COMMENT..JEEZ...talk about overreacting.

Comment

My youtube channel has over 300+ free training videos that are viewed globally. Here is what people are watching for free this month. Next week I'm off to The Netherlands to give a seminar to pro mixed martial artist and ki fighters. Of Course as usual I will record some of the training and put it up for free. I hope somebody will learn something.

When you have time and anyone else visit my Youtube Channel which has 300+ free training videos.

Thanks

Last edited by BarryRobinson; 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM. Reason: forgot a url

Comment

Working...
                      X