Oddsmakers have it 8-1 in favor of Devon Alexander vs Bailey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    Maidana >>>>> Bailey

Bailey landed a KO blow when Jones got sloppy. Fortunate indeed.
    The Maidana that fought Alexander didnt look any better than the Bailey that fought Jones tbh. With Alexander's clinching he's probably more vulnerable to the uppercut than Jones was IMO. And I don't think Alexander is stronger or hits harder than Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      I think you're grossly underestimating Bailey, he's had a regular strength and conditioning coach for the Jones fight (for the first time in his career) and he's amped up at how much better he's able to perform. Bailey is no Maidana, if you're judging Alexander @147 based off the Maidana fight you're going to be sorely disappointed. Maidana was a bum in that fight, he was nowhere near the same fighter he was at 140. You're basing your opinion off an illusion.
      No, I am basing my opinion off what I know about both guys, Maidana doesn't even have that much to do with it.

Bailey is going to look for his big shots which is who he is, while Alexander is going to hit Bailey a a couple times then grapple which is who he is. Bailey needs room to operate or he is straight up helpless and Alexander fights in a way that will defuse Bailey.

It isn't even hard to see or breakdown, sure Bailey could catch Alexander big because Alexander is not a great boxer (which is why he has to grapple) but what Alexander does is likely to be effective against Bailey.

Expecting Bailey to be a different guy and saying someone else is basing their opinion on illusions, is also not a good look.
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 08-20-2012, 04:30 PM. Reason: said Bradley instead of Bailey

Comment

Alexander is just a different class of fighter, 8-1 is about right. Bailey is cool and I know he can crack but the dude doesn't throw punches. Devon will be turning him all night and coming off with combos, Bailey just isn't that good sorry bro.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          No, I am basing my opinion off what I know about both guys, Maidana doesn't even have that much to do with it.
          Jones just had to slow down for 2 seconds and Bailey was able to catch him. Alexander will slow down at some point. And those grapples of Alexander are occasionally going to provide Bailey with uppercut opportunities which we know he's very adept at throwing.

I don't see Alexander's grappling being as effective against Bailey, he's going to start getting tagged on the inside just like Jones did.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
            Jones just had to slow down for 2 seconds and Bailey was able to catch him. Alexander will slow down at some point. And those grapples of Alexander are occasionally going to provide Bailey with uppercut opportunities which we know he's very adept at throwing.

I don't see Alexander's grappling being as effective against Bailey, he's going to start getting tagged on the inside just like Jones did.
            Like I said mark my words I have told you how the fight will go, if you don't want to listen fine believe whatever you want.

I am certainly not in the least bit concerned about being wrong here though, but hey I am not perfect (just way above average)~

Comment

WAR BAILEY!!! devon will be running all night throwing that pity pat jab and clinching when bailey gets close and will most likely do this on his way to a decision win. Bailey has to throw more punches.

Comment

All Bailey has is a punchers chance & its pretty damn slim seeing he is clearly struggling to pull the trigger.

I hate these threads because they do it all the time hoping to get lucky once so they can brag as if they know ****. ''Omg I told you guys, I like so won a gigantic sum on this fight (I didn't bet really) you should of listened to me!''

People are too harsh on Alexander, yes hes had a few set backs but I will tell you now, hes levels above the likes of Mike Jones if this is what you're basing things off.
                This talk about Baileys inside game, what inside fighting?

Comment

how in theeee hell is Devon gonna weather the storm when he couldn't handle and quit against Desert Storm Tim Bradley looool

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

INB4 5 punches thrown from Bailey in the whole fight

Comment

Working...
                    X