No announcement yet.

Paweł WOLAK: Next Stop ESPN2 In JULY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paweł WOLAK: Next Stop ESPN2 In JULY?

• Junior middleweight contender Pawel Wolak (29-1, 19 KOs), coming off a dominant and unexpected sixth-round knockout of former titleholder Yuri Foreman on March 12, could return to headline an ESPN2 "Friday Night Fights" card in July against Delvin Rodriguez (25-5-2, 14 KOs).

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=6407521

I haven't checked the alphabet rankings but for those who have; how close is he to a title shot?

He deserves a world title shot now.

His next fight should be on HBO against Dzinziruk or one of the other titleholders at 154, but he'll have to settle for a lesser payday on Friday Night Fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      He deserves a world title shot now.

His next fight should be on HBO against Dzinziruk or one of the other titleholders at 154, but he'll have to settle for a lesser payday on Friday Night Fights.
      WBA: Cotto's next fight will probably be against Margarito later this year, so that leaves him out. Wolak is rated 6th on the WBA rankings.

WBC: Alvarez is fighting Ryan Rhodes a month before Wolak fights on ESPN2, so that's a possibility for later in the year? Wolak is ranked 11th in the WBC ratings.

IBF: Bundrage fights a month before Wolak as well, so this fight is also a possibility for later this year. Wolak is ranked 8th on the IBF ratings.

WBO: Dzinziruk is bouncing back from a loss so I doubt he will want to fight Wolak this year. He isn't scheduled to fight anyone as far as I know. Wolak is ranked 4th on the WBO ratings.

He's rated highest on the WBO ratings so a fight with Serhiy is likely to be next. What news do you know of Serhiy's next move?

Comment

Delvin can make him look bad, he has a deceptive record and could easily have only 1 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Delvin can make him look bad, he has a deceptive record and could easily have only 1 loss.
          Wolak looked like an absolute bull in his last two outings against Pinzon & Foreman. I'll give him a good shot at wrecking any of the four belt-holders.

Comment

Working...
          X