No announcement yet.

How will Margarito be remembered?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Margarito be remembered?

He's fought so many top fighters, Mosley,Cotto,Williams,Clottey,Cintron,Martinez and is about to fight another one in Pacquiao. Will the hand wrap issue stand the test of time or will people respect him for facing tough tough competitors?

The hand wrap issue will taint most of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      He's fought so many top fighters, Mosley,Cotto,Williams,Clottey,Cintron,Martinez and is about to fight another one in Pacquiao. Will the hand wrap issue stand the test of time or will people respect him for facing tough tough competitors?
      Unfortunately no matter what he does his career is tainted which is a shame, the man has done everything in his power to give us fans exciting fights and could have done much more if some of the other top fighters would of fought him during his prime. In my eyes he is in the top 20 best Welterweights of all time.

Comment

Ill speak on my point of view because the average ****** here will say he is a cheat and noone will care.

To me Margarito will be remembered as a legend, a innocent man, and most of all a warrior. Margarito stood up and fought everyone that was put infront of him when most of these people were the ones nobody wanted to fight. Margarito has been a top 5 WW for the last decade taking on anyone while divas like mayweather ducked him.

July 26, 2008 was the breakthrough of Tony he took on one of the biggest challenges of his career. A hungry, blood thirst, undefeated, and bald cotto. Many never gave Tony a chance at all but that night on july I witness more then a margarito victory. I saw a man take another mans soul right before my eyes.

This is when I realized Margarito is more then another fighter from mexico. This is when I realized Margarito could be the GOAT. I have never seen anything like Margarito in my life.

Then came that infamous night of january 2009(I forgot the exact date sorry), the night of mosley vs margarito. This was the night where Margarito proved to be one of the biggest draws in boxing pulling 20K+ to the staple center and having the most people in attendance the staple center has ever had for any event

To make this short, Mosley rioded, Margarito has extra gauze on his gloves which wasn't allowed by the california rules and was told to rewrap his gloves, then they found lotion on margarito because his skin on his knuckles gets very dry so he put lotion on before. Next thing you know you got ******s saying Margarito had plaster in his gloves and all that but in all reality it was just extra gauze and lotion.

Overall I will remember Margarito as one of the greatest boxers the sport has ever seen.
        Last edited by dj Ramos; 07-30-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

As a cheater, as it should be.

Comment

As the guy who wraped his hands in a plaster substance to gain an advantage over his opponents. In other words a cheat.

Comment

The ignorance some of you people have is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                As a cheater, as it should be.
                Co - Signed

Comment

Working...
                X