Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be remembered as the greater fighter, Joe Louis or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be remembered as the greater fighter, Joe Louis or Roberto Duran?

Well?????????????????

some people like to claim durans the greatest because even after his prime he beat guys like moore and barkley...barkley win really isnt convicing.....in between he had a ton of disapointments...totally unfair how ray leonard gets no credit for beating duran in the 3rd fight right after he beat barkley....

louis had a bigger heart thats for sure...he didnt make excuses about losses like duran....

duran p4p in his prime is better, even tho i dont like him....louis had a better career imo....to be honest i really feel duran is the lightweight version of james toney, his career after his original division is really overated thanks to one great win...lets keep this about boxing, who cares about there personal lives good or bad.....
    Last edited by billionaire; 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Don't even compare the great Duran to this disgrace. Louis has one of the worst title runs ever and shouldn't be top 50 ATG. That's the painful truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
        Don't even compare the great Duran to this disgrace. Louis has one of the worst title runs ever and shouldn't be top 50 ATG. That's the painful truth.
        wow, one of the worst titles run's ever? he made 25 defences of his title. the record for title defences and beat some atg's and hall of famers.

would like to hear ya resons why you don't rate louis

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
          wow, one of the worst titles run's ever? he made 25 defences of his title. the record for title defences and beat some atg's and hall of famers.

would like to hear ya resons why you don't rate louis
          Sorry, I look at your avatar and all I can think of Kim Kardashian. Duran and Louis...well, if you are talking about who's got the best record, then its Louis, no doubt. Just 3 losses compared to Duran's...16? On the other hand, Duran has been in many more fights and has won more of them.

Both are legends to me. Most experts will rank Louis a little higher than Duran but they are equal to me.

Comment

Joe louis was definately the better heavy weight

Comment

Joe Louis by quite some way

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
                Joe louis was definately the better heavy weight

Comment

I think you need to stop creating threads personally.Your threads suck and you yourself offer nothing to debates instead running off to go start a thread in the mmGAY forum,Tell you what,How about you go to the mmGAY forum and you stay there because as much as most here dislike me,They will agree in saying that you are a class A clown

Now take Benncollinsaad(who has changed his avatar yet again)and run along and actually go watch some old boxing tapes and then you can discuss boxing and it's history in the boxing history section

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                    well, if you are talking about who's got the best record, then its Louis, no doubt. Just 3 losses compared to Duran's...16? On the other hand, Duran has been in many more fights and has won more of them.

Both are legends to me. Most experts will rank Louis a little higher than Duran but they are equal to me.
                    Lot of Duran's losses were after he was 40 so you could chop SRR down on that criteria really.
                    I would say Duran was probably as dominant at LW as Louis was as HW, so throw in his above his weight 3 titles and i'd go with Duran.
                    Both ATG's though.

Comment

Working...
                    X