Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in favor of the CBS/Showtime move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus will certainly be there.

It doesn't really make a difference, if they got a good deal though no reason not to take it and that is good for those directly involved.

Comment

Hell yea!!! Change is always good especially now that boxing is slowly fading away from mainstream. It's always good to explore and see what **** comes up. I mean I think it's great.

Plus I feel like Showtimes commentary is better than HBO's ATM. I love merchant, lamply and steward but i think they're past their prime and sometimes they make boxing fights boring to watch. Gus, Bernstein and tarver have great chemistry and they have lots of energy. Love listening to them.

Comment

I'm in favor of Promoters taking risk (something none are willing to do it seems).

Think about a guy like Don King. Dude was famous for taking risk and exploring different avenues in the sport of boxing (Thrilla n Manilla, Tyson vs Douglas in Tokyo, Rumble in the Jungle etc).

It seems now n days everyone is content with securing an HBO date and hosting it in Vegas.

Even if it flops, and I doubt it will, I like the move and if Sho can open up the boxing budget more and compete with HBO, then it's a win for boxing (due to them competing).

Comment

no , but its ok.....

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
            I just pray they don't put Gus johnson on the broadcast.
            You mean you don't want to hear comparisons to Ali-Frazier during Pac-SSM?

Comment

Working...
            X