Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I Have To Make Decision Soon - Retire or Do Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he is honest about retirement. then i rather him retired, this guy is a tumor to boxing

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Just retire mate and live off the close decision.... for crying out loud!
      Originally posted by Verus View Post
      Ward, please retire. People are tired of your grab and hold style, but more so of your whining and complaining.
      Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Do everybody a favor and retire now.
      Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Retire now ward and tarnish your legacy forever with the robbery. The Son of Gift

... Got tired of reading what followed...

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        So thinking Shab would win by knockout would make someone a clueless moron?

The guy hates anything that is Ward related. He looks like an insecure moron. Of-course Shabransky KO'ing Barrera makes Ward beating him means nothing.

Golovkin is a good boxer with a very weak resume. Ward can retire today. And Golovkin won't beat fighters that are in the caliber of the boxers that Ward defeated at the Super Six Tournament.

Unless Golovkin pulls a Bernard Hopkins by beating good boxers in his 40's, and if he can win a title at 175 which won't happen.

Ward going to fight Kovalev again.
        Last edited by RomanReigns; 02-03-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I just feel sorry for the fans who have to listen to this nonsense. Myself included. I stopped caring some time ago, but 5 years ago a quote like that would have spoiled my day.

I hope Kovalev gets the recognition and the money he deserves, one way or the other. He never disappointed his fans (well, almost never - that Stevenson mandatory story was a downer, but we'll put that on Duva).

Comment

Ward should rematch Kovalev to silence his critics. Ward should be very motivated to set the record straight and prove to himself and everyone that he's the better boxer. Fight again and win more convincingly, just like Mayweather did against Castillo and Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              He's coming back. Sorry Kovalev fans but your boy is going to have to earn it the old fashioned way.
              and how did ward earn it?? he did nothing at LHW before fighting kovalev, plus the rematch clause, seriously? i guess you are just trolling

Comment

It was a close fight but I had ward winning. He remained composed after the knockdown, boxed kovalev intelligently and put in some good body work that slowed kovalev down just enough.

He got a nice payday so it's only human nature to think 'should I go through the grueling training and the even moreso grueling fight again when I'm financially set already?'

Ultimately I think he rematches kovalev. One last big payday is too enticing. And he beats kovalev in another close fight.

Comment

Didn't someone make a thread yesterday with Ward saying he was going to do the rematch and now this?

I don't understand...

But IMO, he can't retire ...the man had 2 tune up fights for LHW and got a close decision against Kovalev and thinks retirement

That's wrong on all levels.

Comment

As a fan...I don't want to see Ward retire. I want to see the rematch with Kovalev and possibly a unification fight with Stevens. As a man, if he retires, I say congrats. Get out the game healthy and with a nice bank account.

I say fk these haters that come on NSB just to complain and throw insults. It's a dang sport and these fools make it personal. Like the fighters give a crap about what they post here.

Comment

I hope Ward keeps boxing. I love how he has singlehandedly devastated the alt right NSB wing by beating kov (I had kov winning 114-113) and scaring the bejesus out of GGG such that he would only fight him at 164.

Even better, he is making them all sweat by drawing out the retirement/rematch decision.

It's been fun but enough. Ward should rematch kov and honor the contract. Not doing so would be disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                      X