Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward or GGG cant beat Adonis Stevenson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward or GGG cant beat Adonis Stevenson!

I am a huge Ward fan (check my avatar). I have a lot of respect for GGG's fight game also. But the elephant in the room is that if both of these guys ever really stepped up to LHW & fought Adonis Stevenson they would both get KO'd. Adonis is a beast with boxing skill. He has beat every man he ever faced & has the most power P4P of anyone in boxing right now.

Both Ward & GGG are younger so they can probably just wait him out right now.

GGG's probably too small. But Stevenson was fighting at 168 not too long ago, and so far his best wins came at the hands of Dawson and Tavoris Cloud. If the two ever were to face my guess is it'd be at a catchweight like 171 or something, and I'd still favor Ward, even if Stevenson blasts through Kovalev in 2014. Ward's got enough skill to neutralize the power I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
      I am a huge Ward fan (check my avatar). I have a lot of respect for GGG's fight game also. But the elephant in the room is that if both of these guys ever really stepped up to LHW & fought Adonis Stevenson they would both get KO'd. Adonis is a beast with boxing skill. He has beat every man he ever faced & has the most power P4P of anyone in boxing right now.

Both Ward & GGG are younger so they can probably just wait him out right now.
      Well, he does have one loss to Darnell Boone. But, his only marquee name opponents are Cloud and Dawson...

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
        Well, he does have one loss to Darnell Boone. But, his only marquee name opponents are Cloud and Dawson...
        Yea and he faced him again

Comment

i think GGG and Stevenson would just be mismatched. Size would play too well into Adonis' favor, unless he moved down out of his comfort zone. Not a fight i'd like to see. Ward on the other hand...

Comment

Ward would embarrass Stevenson.

Comment

Ward doesn't enjoy the same strength advantage at LHW, that he does at SMW.

Ward's style is predominantly a physical attack.

Adonis beats both.

Comment

We really do not know what Stevenson consists of yet. I have seen him pulled out of his comfort zone a few times, and mostly against journeymen.

I cannot see either of them losing to him, unless he lands a hail mary. The thing is neither of them are easy to hit clean.

Stevenson seems to fall into old traps when he gets hit though. He gets sloppy. I can see both of them working to the inside and beating him up.

Stevenson is a sloppy fighter with a heavy outer layer of punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                  Ward doesn't enjoy the same strength advantage at LHW, that he does at SMW.

Ward's style is predominantly a physical attack.

Adonis beats both.

Ward relies on his skill advantage, not a strength advantage.

Comment

Working...
                  X