No announcement yet.

So I've been summoned for jury duty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've been summoned for jury duty

I'm to report to the Sheriff's office for registration tomorrow, and the trial starts February 27th.

Anybody here have experience with it in the past?

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I'm to report to the Sheriff's office for registration tomorrow, and the trial starts February 27th.

it sucks.....

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      it sucks.....
      Care to elaborate for me, Jose?

Comment

Care to elaborate for me, Jose?
        you get put in a big room with other people until they call you, bring something to entertain yourself with
        when they call you (hopefully the first or second day) they bring you to a court room and present a case then you get interviewed and ask you what you think of the case then the lawyers decides to keep you or not

Comment

I didn't want to stay so I said something negative about the outcome of a case my mother was in so I was dismissed and went home

Comment

You one sneaky basturd, tocayo.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              I didn't want to stay so I said something negative about the outcome of a case my mother was in so I was dismissed and went home
              same here, i was summoned for duty one time and luckily i was interviewed the first day. i purposely gave the lawyer a weird fucking answer and i was dismissed. i was surprised it work actually
              Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 01-26-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                You one sneaky basturd, tocayo.
                lol! my uncle (a cop) gave me this advice

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                same here, i was summoned for duty one time and luckily i was interviewed the first day. i purposely gave the lawyer a weird fucking answer and i was dismissed. i was surprised it work actually
                it took three days for them to call me

Comment

I haven't decided if I want to attempt to serve on the jury or make an effort to get pinged by the defense lawyer yet.

On the one hand, it's a pretty unique civic experience that, if selected, I take very seriously.

But on the other hand, if I get picked to serve I'll end up having to spend at least a week or two conversating with (and pretending to like) my fellow jurors which, given my location, will most likely consist of Bible thumping conservative rednecks who think that Obama is the antichrist and abortion is murder.

Furthermore - The compensation. 30 bucks a day? Really? I mean, I don't expect them to pay me what my actual job pays me, but couldn't they at least make it minimum wage, FFS?

Comment

It'll likely get settled before the trial goes to court. I've been summoned 3 times, never went to court once.

Comment

Working...
                    X