Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 07-02-2016, 06:09 PM #81
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2807 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,791,814,181,825,157,791,744.00
Total Points: 1,795,733,621,488,267,296,768.00
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0x View Post
I'd leave that one out next time
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
unless you predicted the robbery. Which is politics, not boxing.
"No matter how you...cut it, slice it or dice it, he LOST to Timothy Bradley."
-- Floyd Mayweather

It's a W. That's all that matters.

Quote:
Surviving is NOT 'doing so well'. Golovkin won every round. Not getting KO'ed is not 'doing well'. But he did do well to survive. Monroe did not do well to win rounds. The problem is if GGG didn't KO an opponent, people would believe they did well (as the KO is the norm), which isn't always the case.
Go back and watch the HBO broadcast and listen to Jones.

Monroe had good head movement, a decent jab and was countering. He was taking G's shots very well in the center of the ring. He was attacking the body very well. His mistake was he kept backing up to the ropes like they all do for some stupid reason. All he had to do was ramp up the aggression and just go forward with it in the middle of the ring, outwork G and circle him. But he kept backing up. That's why he got handed. Not because of a skill difference, but because he let G intimidate and domesticate him.

I seriously believe that what happened against Blackwell can only do one of two things: make Eubank nervous or make him dangerous. We know he's got punch speed and we know he'll go to war if it suits him. Question is whether he'll get intimidated. I don't think he will. If he doesn't, he just has to outbox the guy over the distance. If he wins over the judges by sheer activity, he will win the fight.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-02-2016, 06:10 PM #82
Contender

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Swatty is just really niceSwatty is just really niceSwatty is just really niceSwatty is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,577.16

Quote:
I'd leave that one out next time
unless you predicted the robbery. Which is politics, not boxing.

Surviving is NOT 'doing so well'. Golovkin won every round. Not getting KO'ed is not 'doing well'. But he did do well to survive. Monroe did not do well to win rounds. The problem is if GGG didn't KO an opponent, people would believe they did well (as the KO is the norm), which isn't always the case.

Agreed. Which other power punchers have to land hundreds of their cleanest power shots on domestic opponents before they win (not by KO, but referee stoppage)? Also agree about the BJS fight in that he could have made BJS gas earlier if he put more pressure on. BJS has a bad gas tank. Eubank's is great.

Don't want to seem like I'm knocking you. You do know your stuff. Golovkin does typically follow that pattern. He does slay people on the ropes. But, I just think people make the mistake of thinking that someone is doing well against Golovkin just because they are not KO'ed. Willie monroe did not do well against Golovkin. I can see JR putting up a good fight if he does stick to moving but he will come undone later on in the fight. Movement is tiring. That's why BJS came undone later in the fight against JR.

Golovkin has only done what he has needed to do vs the opponents he has faced. He did well against movers in the amateurs, i.e. Dirrell didn't stay still for long at all and Golovkin still beat him in the Olympics. You would literally have to move better than mayweather for 12 rounds if you didn't want Golovkin to land as he is very effective at cutting off the ring. Another thing is that you always have to 'take it to the champion' in boxing. Which would not be a good idea for Eubank. I think Eubank may not look awful for the first 4-6 rounds. After that we will have to see how he responds to being hurt when Golovkin lands like this:

Right, if he had turned that over CEjr would have been down at least if not out, but we can see he didn't and although the punch clearly landed solid it ended a little slappy. That's the "beauty" of facing less than elite opposition, he had the luxury of taking that punch.

Last edited by Swatty; 07-02-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Swatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:10 PM #83
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2807 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,791,814,181,825,157,791,744.00
Total Points: 1,795,733,621,488,267,296,768.00
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
Wtf? What fantasy land you living in these days? Still same one where Berto was outselling Ggg in Vegas? But yeah I'll happily that all your points anytime. We can do it now cause if this doesn't go down, it's not gonna be on Ggg.
Fairly certain MayBert outsold anything G has done, but yeah. Don't come with excuses, Berto outsold. Deal with it.

Let the fight get signed, let's let G not do a Ward and ask for a weight class that doesn't make sense. Prove he's brave enough to face young Eubank after watching Eubank nearly kill a man in the ring.

When that happens...we'll bet.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:11 PM #84
Banned

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Siq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond reputeSiq/ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 900,001,958.06

triple g is a bum beater and has proven nothing. eubank has proven that he can talk the talk and can do the bidness
Siq/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:24 PM #85
I love Mayweather

Quoted: 4418 Post(s)
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,385,030.42
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Fairly certain MayBert outsold anything G has done, but yeah. Don't come with excuses, Berto outsold. Deal with it.

Let the fight get signed, let's let G not do a Ward and ask for a weight class that doesn't make sense. Prove he's brave enough to face young Eubank after watching Eubank nearly kill a man in the ring.

When that happens...we'll bet.
Berto didn't outsell ****, Floyd sold every ticket. You were saying Berto was a bigger draw in Vegas than Ggg lol, as was every American fighter, right clueless?

And that killing in the ring again tells me you know **** about boxing. Those usually happen at lower levels, cumulative punishment over vulnerable opponents
HeroBando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:45 PM #86
Contender

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
petegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud ofpetegrif has much to be proud of
Total Points: 16,091.71

GGG wants the WBO belt. The Eubank fight will get him ranked. Then all he has to do is offer a big purse to Avtandil Khurtsidze (the #1 mandatory for Saunders) and thereby jump the rankings to become Saunders mandatory. Saunders is now in the Canelo box - he fights GGG or vacates. So now he has #allthebelts. Time to move up.

Loeffler is smart enough to figure this out.
petegrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:45 PM #87
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4433 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,321,237,021,234,375,233,110,016.00
Total Points: 1,326,237,021,234,385,280,565,248.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 

Step one is to sign the contract, which he has yet to do. If the fight takes place GGG won't need any excuses for knocking him out. Eubank will need excuses for failing miserably to live up to all his over the top bragging. Some of the English boxers are getting their bragging down to an art and surpassing even the best American trash talkers. It's too bad for Eubank that you have to win fights with fighting ability and not a bunch of big talk.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:52 PM #88
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4433 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,321,237,021,234,375,233,110,016.00
Total Points: 1,326,237,021,234,385,280,565,248.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enliven26 View Post
triple g is a bum beater and has proven nothing. eubank has proven that he can talk the talk and can do the bidness
Do you mean the way he did the business in losing to Saunders? Some of the bums GGG beat would probably beat Eubank. Your man is getting knocked out and I'm betting on it. I love betting on a sure thing.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:24 PM #89
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 620 Post(s)
b0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 181,779,999,687,206,371,328.00
Total Points: 181,779,999,687,206,404,096.00
Welcome to BoxingScene! - LoadedWraps funny pic - Santa_ Incentive is key... - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
"No matter how you...cut it, slice it or dice it, he LOST to Timothy Bradley."
-- Floyd Mayweather

It's a W. That's all that matters.

Go back and watch the HBO broadcast and listen to Jones.

Monroe had good head movement, a decent jab and was countering. He was taking G's shots very well in the center of the ring. He was attacking the body very well. His mistake was he kept backing up to the ropes like they all do for some stupid reason. All he had to do was ramp up the aggression and just go forward with it in the middle of the ring, outwork G and circle him. But he kept backing up. That's why he got handed. Not because of a skill difference, but because he let G intimidate and domesticate him.

I seriously believe that what happened against Blackwell can only do one of two things: make Eubank nervous or make him dangerous. We know he's got punch speed and we know he'll go to war if it suits him. Question is whether he'll get intimidated. I don't think he will. If he doesn't, he just has to outbox the guy over the distance. If he wins over the judges by sheer activity, he will win the fight.
I will go and take a look at the fight again. But I will say this, when I watched it Golovkin looked in control from round 1 until the end. Monroe did move about a bit but it wasn't looking at any point like he was in control. He landed a few when GGG stuck his head out, that's about all I could give him. Opponents keep going to the ropes because GGG forces them there. He cuts off the ring too well for people to dance their way to the 12th. Monroe was down in the 2nd twice badly, then on the back foot till he got caught again in the 6th. He was getting hit with much harder, cleaner shots in between too, so he may have been 'doing well', but only in the sense of well compared to how he did in round 2. Take a look at one of the technical appreciation videos on YouTube of what Golovkin does. It shows in slow motion the things that many including myself, don't always notice in a full speed fight. It may surprise you to see how 'slick' Golovkin actually is when you see what he does in slow-mo. I take it you're a real boxing fan, so check these out:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by b0x; 07-02-2016 at 08:33 PM.
b0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:37 PM #90
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 620 Post(s)
b0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond reputeb0x has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 181,779,999,687,206,371,328.00
Total Points: 181,779,999,687,206,404,096.00
Welcome to BoxingScene! - LoadedWraps funny pic - Santa_ Incentive is key... - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatty View Post
Right, if he had turned that over CEjr would have been down at least if not out, but we can see he didn't and although the punch clearly landed solid it ended a little slappy. That's the "beauty" of facing less than elite opposition, he had the luxury of taking that punch.
Yeah, but that's a fringe-British-level fighter punching Eubank like that. Golovkin would be like a train collision in comparison. And he would land more often too.
b0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List