Glaser: Canelo vs Chavez did 860k PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good numbers for Canelo (if true)

Comment

Nearly 900k, that's a hell of a lot more than I expected for such a garbage fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk about gospel. I don't take anything anyone says as gospel per se. But isn't the promoters lying about PPV numbers thing true? Or largely true. I definitely believe promoters indulge numbers or they do high guessimates on incomplete numbers to look best for them.

I mean some of it even seems forgivable cuz from my understanding it takes awhile to compile numbers, for whatever reason, so I think some of it is counting x & adding y% of a expected future yet uncounted figure to arrive at a number they say to reporters.

Honestly its not that serious to me. I've only recently started paying attention to guys like Glaser & other PPV "truthers" so I don't recall what he or others said about Floyd, Manny or even Oscar if he goes that far back. I've always felt it was a problem that no one really releases gate-like numbers on PPV that are very official (anymore cuz iirc some cats used to) & it was a figure prone to fudging for the benefit of the fighter &/or promoter so I took the numbers with a grain of salt. That said what else is there to judge PPV stars via then all of their inflated figures if one is to compare them?
        Again long as you call them all liars. Your post called golden boy liars and that canelo does not deserve to be mentioned in same as other big ppvs when glaser has literally called all those other big ppv numbers liars. Says Pacquiao lied, and made his name by saying most of the fights Floyd and Mayweather promotions stated cracked 1m really only sold 600-700K. Trolled floyd for years. So according glaser canelo sold more then most of floyds fights in his hayday. Floyd last fight which ellerbe said did almost 600k glaser said it really only did 389K. And loeffler said GGG did 150K but glaser said it only did 97K. I think glaser is making shyt up I also think these promoters embellish. The real numbers are probably somewhere in the middle. Glaser numbers seem too low because he just trolling and too many insiders say he is not plugged into the industry. I think he legit just waits till somebody releases numbers and then just takes 30% off and says my sources tell me these the real numbers. Lmao

Comment

Is there a UFC version of glaser who calls the UFC liars for the PPV numbers that the UFC puts out to the media?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Again long as you call them all liars. Your post called golden boy liars and that canelo does not deserve to be mentioned in same as other big ppvs when glaser has literally called all those other big ppv numbers liars. Says Pacquiao lied, and made his name by saying most of the fights Floyd and Mayweather promotions stated cracked 1m really only sold 600-700K. Trolled floyd for years. So according glaser canelo sold more then most of floyds fights in his hayday. Floyd last fight which ellerbe said did almost 600k glaser said it really only did 389K. And loeffler said GGG did 150K but glaser said it only did 97K. I think glaser is making shyt up I also think these promoters embellish. The real numbers are probably somewhere in the middle. Glaser numbers seem too low because he just trolling and too many insiders say he is not plugged into the industry. I think he legit just waits till somebody releases numbers and then just takes 30% off and says my sources tell me these the real numbers. Lmao
            Well I mean we kinda gotta take the "fake" numbers seriously to some degree or we can't even talk about PPV sh^t at all. But like I said I go in knowing that these are probably all fantasy figures we are talking about, but they are the only figures we got to work with.

And honestly I was like f#ck all these dummies for years with their PPV truther movement....til Glaser got proven right with the Canelo vs Khan PPV numbers that got released as 600k, but Glaser & court docs suggest was ~450k. Thats actually when I started to pay attention to Glaser.

I mean all this is speculation that promoters are lying about PPV numbers, but GBP got proven as a liar which puts all Canelo numbers in much more question than any other fighters I feel like. So "everyone" is doing it, but GBP got caught doing it which puts him on the PPV extremist watch list for me I guess is the thing. Plus Canelo is really the only PPV player right now so who else is faking numbers anyone cares about these days. Joshua gots those discount UK PPV's & Crawford + GGG dream of getting into the PPV minor leagues with 300k buys. Canelo is the only PPV draw that we can compare to past PPV draws.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Is there a UFC version of glaser who calls the UFC liars for the PPV numbers that the UFC puts out to the media?
            I think Kevin Iole gots a "Blue Book" website with a list of all sorts of MMA/UFC PPV, gate & etc. numbers from "insiders". Thats where I get my random MMA PPV info at anyway. But idk that the UFC goes into numbers all that much like guys do in boxing so idk that he's correcting them cuz it does seem like his bigger fight numbers match up well with the UFC discussed numbers.

And actually thats kinda weird since they tend to release gate & TV ratings all the time. I think maybe the whole PPV dynamic is usually depressing & negative cuz so few people buy them most of the time. I mean there are 38 PPV's in combat sports history that have gotten 1M+ buys (allegedly if we are to believe promoters lol) in both sports & there are probably 300+ that did 300k or less in the 25+ year history of PPV.

Comment

Working...
            X