Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte appreciation thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Him being in 50/50 fight against someone like Chisora should tell you Whyte level

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Him being in 50/50 fight against someone like Chisora should tell you Whyte level
      I should explain (and I had The Chisel winning that one tbh, though I didn't have an issue with it going the other way).. when I made this appreciation thread, I wasn't saying he was a great fighter.

I think he's a little underrated on here, and he's got a decent CV, but what I'm saying is, he's a good laugh, good to watch.

I don't need a boxer to be "P4P" to appreciate him. I haven't seen this guy have a single boring fight... his last match saw him out on his feet against Parker, hardly able to stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I think this is symptomatic of NSB, though I may not have explained myself properly in my initial post.

I've noticed that NSB is very "results" orientated... a fighter is only good if they're good.

Whereas I could happily watch someone who lost every time if they made me laugh doing it (like David Price).

I like Dillian because he'll fight ANYONE, and he's funny.

The boxing comes third in the list for me.

Comment

Won't fight Ortiz or Pulez so item 2 I'm not buying. Also, if Parker had not been concussed early he beats Whyte handily.
          That said, Whyte is fun to watch and he can definitely crack.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Whereas I could happily watch someone who lost every time if they made me laugh doing it (like David Price).

I like Dillian because he'll fight ANYONE, and he's funny.

The boxing comes third in the list for me.
            That's kind of sadistic I enjoy a classic brawl but don't think David Price could get a boxing license anywhere else tbh

Dillian Whyte to me is the HW Brandon Rios except without Rios chin not the sort of style I like watching but he is in entertaining fights every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              Won't fight Ortiz or Pulez so item 2 I'm not buying. Also, if Parker had not been concussed early he beats Whyte handily.
              That said, Whyte is fun to watch and he can definitely crack.
              I think with his history he can't be accused of ducking.

In a way, it's like with Emmanuel Augustus... I just wanted to see his antics, I didn't care if he won or lost.

(And please don't read into that as a literal comparison in their styles or skill level, that's not what I'm saying).

Comment

Dillian Whyte also has the initials DW. I can think of another iconic British heavyweight from Brixton with those same initials... can't be a coincidence. The stars have aligned, and told us to back this man. He already whooped Delboy in much the same fashion a prime Danny Williams would have.

Comment

This thread's not ageing that well right now, is it?

Just to reclarify, I wasn't even talking about boxing (per se) as some seem to think. You can like a fighter for their character/balls/opponents without saying they're the best. I appreciate boxers for the shows they put on, not saying that they're the best.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/dillian-...hdrawn--144893

Like Tyan Booth says, whatever you think about his boxing, etc., the guy's a character:

Comment

See, some things have been happening lately that haven't been great, such as Otto Wallin.

But it's not about boxing... win or lose (and while I'll back Fury, I don't consider it inconceivable that Whyte could win) we're going to get some laughs at the press conferences.

Wilder could never compete with Fury verbally, but Whyte will produce some chuckles, and in a Jamaican accent.

I love Antony Joshua's face when Dillian offers to beat him in a street fight:

Comment

Working...
                      X