Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Aims To Break Bank With Richest Deal In Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
    Your comment brings to mind the following scripture:

(Isaiah 10:3) . . .What will you do on the day of reckoning, When destruction comes from afar? To whom will you flee for assistance, And where will you leave your wealth?
    Exactly. Beautiful passage, thanks for this. I'm not a believer, but appreciate any chunk of sacred writing suggesting connections with the growingly insane world of today.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      I respect it. There is also sometimes an issue where the fighter is paid too much and does not generate the money they are supposed to. Then that dries up budget dollars which prevents other good fights being made. So I get what you’re saying her.
      Yes, not to mention the "classic" unbalance between filthy rich and piss poor - which, in boxing, is even more unjust given the professional risk involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
        I have been very critical of Tyson Fury but look at the quality of fighters he has beaten! How can anyone argue he is not the best of all time?

I hope his new deal includes a rematch with Tom Schwarz.
        He's the best currently but "best of all time?" Hardly as that title belongs to Muhammad Ali. Other fighters who in their primes would (imo) beat fury are George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holifield.
        Last edited by OldTerry; 06-04-2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

He's the best currently but "best of all time?" Hardly as that title belongs to Muhammad Ali. Other fighters who in their primes would (imo) beat fury are George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holifield.
          But did they beat anyone of the quality of Tim Schwarz and Francesco Pianeta? or Derek Chisora? I doubt it. Fury's record shows he is the best of all time. Every fight he has is against a boxer at their best

Comment

But did they beat anyone of the quality of Tim Schwarz and Francesco Pianeta? or Derek Chisora? I doubt it. Fury's record shows he is the best of all time. Every fight he has is against a boxer at their best
            Among those Muhammad Ali defeated were:
            George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Jimmy Ellis, Sonny Liston and Floyd Patterson

Among those George Foreman defeated were:
            Joe Frazier (twice), Jimmy Ellis and Michael Moorer. His KO% was 95%

Among those Evander Holifield defeated were:
            Dwight Muhammad Qawi, Mike Tyson, Michael Dokes, Larry Holmes and Riddick Bowe

Among those Mike Tyson defeated were:
            Trevor Berbick, Pinklon Thomas, Larry Holmes, Donovan (Razor) Ruddock and Frank Bruno

Among those Lennox Lewis defeated were:
            Frank Bruno, Roy Mercer, Evander Holifield, David Tua and Vitali Klitschko

All of those in the defeated ones mentioned were better than Tim Schwarz and Francesco Pianeta, and Derek Chisora.

Comment

All of those in the defeated ones mentioned were better than Tim Schwarz and Francesco Pianeta, and Derek Chisora.
              I mean that's subjective. It just makes me wonder who you expect Tyson Fury to beat?? He's already beaten a lot of the best fighters outside the top 20

Comment

I mean that's subjective. It just makes me wonder who you expect Tyson Fury to beat?? He's already beaten a lot of the best fighters outside the top 20
                Of course it's subjective and that goes for all of us.

Who do I expect Tyson Fury to beat? My answer is any of the heavyweights currently fighting. My opinion is subject to change as Fury ages or if he reverts back to past habits. Also have to consider that some phenom may appear on the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                  What ?!?

If they generate the money by getting people interested enough to buy PPV or come to the fights, of course they should get it !

Same for the biggest pop stars, comedians, or performers of any kind. If they generate the money, where should it go instead other than their pockets ?
                  You are absolutely right! The money is always going to go into someone's pockets and who better deserves the lion's share more than the entertainers (including athletes). If they don't get it then the promoters owners and the managers will.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                    The one with the most toys at the end wins.
                    Wins what? Better a live dog than a dead lion.

Comment

Of course it's subjective and that goes for all of us.

Who do I expect Tyson Fury to beat? My answer is any of the heavyweights currently fighting. My opinion is subject to change as Fury ages or if he reverts back to past habits. Also have to consider that some phenom may appear on the scene.

Funny how he’s considered the atg Only after defeating Wilder who was and is being called a bum by the same people who give Fury this echelon

Comment

Working...
                      X