No announcement yet.

Watching Usyk fights, and no way he wins a title at HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
    Thats not why they like him. Most of these “fans” barely even knew who the f**k he was. They look up wikipedia for his amateur accomplishments without seeing his fights.

No evidence?
    This place is segregated exclusively by demographics.
    Yes the eastern euro brigade is very much a thing, and yes that is very sad.
    A lot of butthurt ex-*******s on that boat, in their endless struggle against the always overrated ldbc.
    What word did bscene bleep out??

Comment

No one ever mentions that Usyk basically fought to a draw with someone who sucks. That tells me he isn’t that good.

Luckily for him, every heavyweight outside of Tyson Fury isn’t that good either.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
        Thats not why your his fans.
        Most of them never even saw any of those amateur fights.

And if you are actually a fan because of that stuff then thats great, because Usyk is getting put in a casket and will enjoy watching reactions.
        You don't have to watch his amateur fights to know that a clean sweep of gold medals in every major tournament he was eligible to enter is some achievement. So is his 5 - 0 record at super heavyweight in the WSB.

Usyk gained a lot of fans with his amazing run of world title wins, all on the road, in the opponents back yard, against highly respected champions. His shut out win over Gassiev in the WBSS final, in what was seen as a 50/50 fight, was a truly outstanding performance.

With his "fight anybody, anywhere" attitude, and funny, charismatic personality, I don't understand how anybody can not be a fan of Usyk. Unless it's for the reason you hinted at in the comment I responded to. You know, that sad, "demographic" bullshit.
        Last edited by kafkod; 03-27-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          It wasn't his greatest performance, and (as I already said above) I'm sceptical of his ability to succeed at the top level at heavyweight, but that ain't the point. Larry was specifically refering to him being too static and retreating in straight lines.. which ain't what i saw at all. Only stright lines were when he was cutting the ring really, and in terms of lateral movement he was almost getting behind Tony at times - moments of Loma lite. In fact if anything I'd argue that he was moving too much - ain't always great for energy management, but if he can keep it up through 12, I guess why not.

Funny kinda fight though - I know you'll probably say it makes me a loser but Bellew really made a fan of me over the years (and earned me a few nice windfalls ;D) - but Caldwall and Tony came in with a set of tactics that really made him look good for as long as he was able to keep it up. I wouldn't say Sasha was exposed, cos he did make the adjustment and had Tony completely figured out by mid-rounds, but it did demonstrate he certainly ain't unbeatable (which we knew already after Breidis fought him hella close).

Still, ha ha, if you claim to like a guy for the challenges he takes you can't really fault Usyk for the career path he's chosen, can you? Dude literally won every one of his titles in his opponent's' back yards and fought - near as dammit - every single meaningful opponent in his weifghtclass.

you just looooove you some hype

I give him little/no chance of beating the top 5 heavyweights

we will see

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            You don't have to watch his amateur fights to know that a clean sweep of gold medals in every major tournament he was eligible to enter is some achievement. So is his 5 - 0 record at super heavyweight in the WSB.

Usyk gained a lot of fans with his amazing run of world title wins, all on the road, in the opponents back yard, against highly respected champions. His shut out win over Gassiev in the WBSS final, in what was seen as a 50/50 fight, was a truly outstanding performance.

With his "fight anybody, anywhere" attitude, and funny, charismatic personality, I don't understand how anybody can not be a fan of Usyk. Unless it's for the reason you hinted at in the comment I responded to. You know, that sad, "demographic" bullshit.

yea he is excellent, and a top guy... you cannot help but wish him well

he shoulda ruled cruiser like a boss... waited... and then taken the WBO path to a one-off heavyweight payday against Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Compared to who?

I stopped reading and taking this seriously right there.
              Honestly, im not sure Ive ever read a worse take on a fighters style and ability than this thread.

He got basically everything wrong to the point that I'm not sure he watched the right fighter.

Comment

Usyk will win some sort of title I’m sure ,not against Joshua but if he stays around one of those belts becomes available. I’d like to see the Joyce rematch in 12 rounder . Usyk is the smartest guy inside the ring it will carry him far regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  you just looooove you some hype

I give him little/no chance of beating the top 5 heavyweights

we will see
                  I'm sceptical myself, as I said, but yes, we will see... I wish the dude luck cos he's gonna need it I think.

You gonna take the test scrappy?

Comment

Originally posted by Slicedbread View Post
                    What word did bscene bleep out??
                    lol
                    Pac-tards

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Eh, cruiserweight is relatively underrated, more in the sense people act like it doesn't exist and less that it legitimately is top of the line. Gassiev almost lost to Lebedev who himself sucks. Guys like Gassiev and Dorticos are extremely one-dimensional.

I think you’ll regret bringing up amateur stuff up so much to prop him up considering amateur flops and sloppy cruds like Wilder and Dubois would lay him out to pasture.

Joshua lost to a fatass tub of lard but will one-shot and nail Usyk straight to the canvas where you can tend to his lifeless twitching body.

You fear that almost certain image due to said mentioned demographic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                      He is really flat footed and is not even a fighter who throw A lot of shots, He is no defensive god and isnt really fast... He will have to change his entire style
                      You don’t think he could beat a Ruiz or Parker type of fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X