No announcement yet.

Greater fighter: Fury or Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    fury grew up in a boxing family and could't beat david price in the amateurs. ward won a gold medal. there are levels in boxing, all right.

you all call deontay wilder a bum. he had fury on the deck twice, once literally on his back and supine. did you call sergey kovalev a bum?
    Did you even watch that fight?

Why are you so offended people think Fury beat better fighters than Ward?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Huh? He heat the best of the divisions he was in twice. Cleaned out 168 completely and beat several HOF'ers pretty easily. So far Fury has one win over a 39 year old legend and a bum titlist. (Wilder, per his detractors)

Fury is 2-0-1 in title fights and that simply doesn't compare to Ward at all. Dumb comparison altogether.
      You weren't on this forum at the time, but don't forget all of Ward's fans called both Kessler and especially Froch bums. So the same should apply to them.

Who are the several HOFamers that he beat pretty easily? He beat one HOFamer in Froch, that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        right now it's definitely andre ward. better fighter on the eye test and in accomplishments. fury's best win is still an ancient wladimir klitschko.

you all called deontay wilder a bum, for the record. you can't call the guy who beat him great off of that. not how it works if you want to stay an honest man.
        Let's all not forget that this guy picked both Wlad and Wilder to beat Fury, especially Wlad. And called Fury a bum himself He was crapping on Fury like no one else and said Wlad would beat him with ease.

Now Fury just beat an "ancient" Wlad.

Absolutely hilariously stupid as per usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Ward fought a bunch of guys in their prime.

Fury ended Wlad's reign and then tested positive for something.

For many Wilder is trash but when it comes to jolting it to Fury's list it is a good win. Go figure.
          Only on NSB will someone downgrade a 10 year world champion in Wlad, 5 year world heavyweight champ with 95% KO ratio in Wilder, in favour of promoting guys Chad Dawson and Arthur Abraham

Hilarious.

Kessler, Froch and Kovalev are good / great wins. Are they better than Wilder x 2 and Klitschko?

Not in my opinion and I'm a huge Kessler and Froch fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            That's the factual answer and nothing else needs to be said. Anybody claiming Fury or even trying to make it close looks like a clueless idiot and a casual. There are people that follow the sport and there are people that latch on to certain fighters for their agenda and hate other fighters because of that agenda.

Anybody that can't tell the difference between their resumes or keep their bias in check shouldn't even attempt to talk about boxing.
            It's clearly not factual. It's just your opinion, which you have the right to have.

Are you telling me that Kovalev, Kessler, Froch is better than Wilder x 2 and Klitschko? And what would that be based on?

Next you're going to tell me that beating the skeleton of Chad Dawson was impressive and beating a middleweight who already got schooled by Froch is something to write home about.

Ward has a pretty good resume, but judging by this thread it's being blown waaaay out of proportion.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              You weren't on this forum at the time, but don't forget all of Ward's fans called both Kessler and especially Froch bums. So the same should apply to them.

Who are the several HOFamers that he beat pretty easily? He beat one HOFamer in Froch, that's it.
              Boxing fan since 1986-7 ish and a member here since 2007

Kessler, Kovalev and Abraham will also be in the HOF.

(for the record, I do think Kovalev beat him in the 1st fight)

Comment

• Ward by a mile, Fury's had three championship fights ever and only won two of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Only on NSB will someone downgrade a 10 year world champion in Wlad, 5 year world heavyweight champ with 95% KO ratio in Wilder, in favour of promoting guys Chad Dawson and Arthur Abraham

Hilarious.

Kessler, Froch and Kovalev are good / great wins. Are they better than Wilder x 2 and Klitschko?

Not in my opinion and I'm a huge Kessler and Froch fan.
                  Wlad had resorter to hit and grab and that fury fight was the most boring win. Wlad's time was coming and he had lost before. I disagree with you, Ward has more names in his resume and those wins in the super six cannot be downplayed.

I like to look at it what the losing fighter went to do after their loss. Froch did great fights and Kesseler got a win over Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Boxing fan since 1986-7 ish and a member here since 2007

Kessler, Kovalev and Abraham will also be in the HOF.

(for the record, I do think Kovalev beat him in the 1st fight)
                    I'm probably the biggest Kessler fan on this Forum (I'm half Danish) and he used to live next door to me, but he isn't going in the HOF and for sure neither are the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      Wlad had resorter to hit and grab and that fury fight was the most boring win. Wlad's time was coming and he had lost before. I disagree with you, Ward has more names in his resume and those wins in the super six cannot be downplayed.

I like to look at it what the losing fighter went to do after their loss. Froch did great fights and Kesseler got a win over Froch.
                      Wlad is the best guy on either resume, let's not even go there. Ward's resume is good, but so is Fury's now.

It's just very top heavy.

Comment

Working...
                      X