Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte Responds To Deontay Wilder Saying Luis Ortiz Turned Down Offer to Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillian Whyte Responds To Deontay Wilder Saying Luis Ortiz Turned Down Offer to Fight

Dillian Whyte has laughed off Deontay Wilder's demand for him to earn a WBC title shot by fighting Luis Ortiz, insisting the Cuban turned down an offer this year.

The British heavyweight is yet to receive a fight against the WBC champion, despite working his way into the No 1 spot in the WBC rankings, with Dominic Breazeale granted the next mandatory bout for Wilder, who will firstly make a voluntary defence against Tyson Fury on December 1.

Wilder told Whyte this week "You fight Luis Ortiz, I promise you, you have Deontay Wilder," but the Brixton man says 'King Kong' was not willing to face him in the summer.

"In my last two fights, I fought two former world champions, yet Wilder bleats that I have to fight Ortiz to be second placed mandatory," Whyte told Sky Sports. "Who's Ortiz's best win? A dreadful points win over Malik Scott? Who Chisora knocked out.

"I offered to fight Ortiz years ago, but he didn't want to know. He didn't even want to know this summer and asked for silly money coming off his knockout loss to Wilder, and made it clear that he wouldn't be ready for July 28, which was the date we had available. Funnily enough it didn't stop him fighting someone else on that day.

"Wilder wants me to jump through more hoops that he dictates before I can fight him, yet he fought journeyman Jason Gavern immediately before he fought for the world title."

"It was pure pantomime with those clowns prancing around the stage kissing and hugging each other," he said. "All that was missing was the crowd shouting 'he's behind you!' Even wrestling fans wouldn't buy that rubbish."

"He won the silver title, he's been No 1 for a long, long time, yet Dominic Breazeale is mandatory for the WBC title, so it's all a bit confusing.

I'm starting to think you might be Dillian Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      I'm starting to think you might be Dillian Whyte.
      Yarr tarkin rubishhh

Comment

Dillian Shyte cries worse than a pregnant whale. Take notes from Fres Oquendo you BIATCH! Do we ever read about how pissed-off Oquendo is, after nearly waiting a lifetime to get his shot at a second rate 'world-title' ?! and the worse part is Fres is actually willing to fight his eliminators but they keep failing drugs test! SO STFU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Dillian Shyte cries worse than a pregnant whale. Take notes from Fres Oquendo you BIATCH! Do we ever read about how pissed-off Oquendo is, after nearly waiting a lifetime to get his shot at a second rate 'world-title' ?! and the worse part is Fres is actually willing to fight his eliminators but they keep failing drugs test! SO STFU!!!
          That's funny as hell bubba.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            That's funny as hell bubba.
            Thank pal, Dillian Shyte is a PPV attraction in the UK btw, true story. Why is he even complaining?

Comment

This proves Alabama fraud is a coward, Wildher duck Whyte, war Body Snatcher, war!

Comment

Reached out to Parker when Pulev wanted to wait until September and when Ortiz said he couldn't make the July date (which he then did end up fighting on). According to Whyte.

Comment

wilder and ortiz led whyte on a merry dance. they had no intention of fighting him

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    wilder and ortiz led whyte on a merry dance. they had no intention of fighting him
                    I think it was Whyte and Hearn who didn't want to fight Ortiz. It was mandated by the WBC which meant if they can't reach an agreement then it would go to a purse bid. Hearn's fighters have been dropping out of purse bids because they don't like the splits and feel they're are entitled to more. Same thing happened with Baby Miller.

Comment

Working...
                    X