No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were going to ROB Ortiz

First of, this is not to discredit Wilder, who put in the work and pulled off a terrific win, although I think he showed just how open he is and how poor his defence is.

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th round. If Wilder never got the stoppage, they were planning on robbing Ortiz on the cards...I mean WTF!!!!

This is the yet another big fight in the US with judges being bought out. I can't think of a single high profile bout in recent times where this hasnt happened (GGG/Canelo, Kov/Ward all come to mind). This **** is getting out of hand.

Ban the sport in the US if it continues.

Boxing = Corrupt

We all know that.

Comment

He was 1 round up on all scorecards. The truth of the matter is we don't know what was going to happen. Let's not act like the first 4 or so rounds were all Ortiz. He was dictating the pace but neither was landing anything really outside of jabs. Judges split those rounds up if i'm not mistaken. I had Ortiz up though myself

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        Boxing = Corrupt

We all know that.
        This is not a get out clause. Plenty of fights all around the world, big fights at that, have correct scoring. In the US, almost every single big fight in recent times, especially any featuring a so called "house fighter" has had terrible scoring.

Ortiz had clear won 6 rounds up until the start of the 10th, and I mean clear, no argument, all commentators scoring rounds. Those judges would not only have had to score ALL those rounds in Wilder's favour, but then add in an extra round or two.

Tell me another big fight in recent times, held in the UK, Germany or elsewhere with that type of officiating from 3 judges???

I mean Germany had pretty bad decisions for a while but never on this level and never this many in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          First of, this is not to discredit Wilder, who put in the work and pulled off a terrific win, although I think he showed just how open he is and how poor his defence is.

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th round. If Wilder never got the stoppage, they were planning on robbing Ortiz on the cards...I mean WTF!!!!

This is the yet another big fight in the US with judges being bought out. I can't think of a single high profile bout in recent times where this hasnt happened (GGG/Canelo, Kov/Ward all come to mind). This **** is getting out of hand.

Ban the sport in the US if it continues.
          It doesn’t just happen in the US it happens everywhere, that’s why boxing is more of a buisiness than a sport. Real boxing heads should know who won by what they watched though.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            It doesn’t just happen in the US it happens everywhere, that’s why boxing is more of a buisiness than a sport. Real boxing heads should know who won by what they watched though.
            I asked a question didn't I? Show me, in the last 12 months, big fights taking place in the UK, Germany, East Europe, where all 3 judges have been bought and have scored the fight so ridiculously?

I mean, as I keep saying, its happening every major title fight now. Commentators, journalists, other fighters and fans are largely scoring it one way, the judges have it off by 6 or 7 rounds....again and again.

So lets see you back up your point.

Comment

not really a robbery. Nothing happened in the first four rounds, so the judges could have basically split them or given them to either guy. The fight didn't really start until the fifth.

Comment

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th
                All three judges had Wilder up 1 point.

I scored from press row and had Ortiz up 1 point.

Rounds 3 and 4 had nothing going on and could have been scored either way. I gave both to Ortiz. The judges gave one to Wilder, hence having him up a point.

Comment

I noticed that too, I had Ortiz up on the scorecards along with the commentary team. Also the way the ref called the Doc in the check Wilder after he was hurt was fishy, should of done that between rounds but they waited until the round started to call him in and gave him more time to recover.

Comment

I asked a question didn't I? Show me, in the last 12 months, big fights taking place in the UK, Germany, East Europe, where all 3 judges have been bought and have scored the fight so ridiculously?

I mean, as I keep saying, its happening every major title fight now. Commentators, journalists, other fighters and fans are largely scoring it one way, the judges have it off by 6 or 7 rounds....again and again.

So lets see you back up your point.
                    It hasn’t happened recently in the U.K for a big fight but it happens a lot there too even though I will agree judges are easy bought in the US and they keep doing it cause they arnt held accountable and keep getting fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X