Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castellanos Drops Gamboa Twice, Makes Him Quit After Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Gamboa have Mexican Flag on his shorts?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      He showed heart in the Crawford fight bit this was a quit job. Hopefully it is the end of his career and that softens it a bit. But his corner wasn't trying to stop the fight and he was still in it in terms of scoring. He checked out, not the ref, not the corner, that was all him. He's shown heart in past fights where he always got back up and won or kept fighting to the end like crawford. But tonight can't bring up heart when you go out like that.
      I'll say this: if Gamboa fights again, this would be a massive quit job. If he never fights again, this move is, maybe not redeemable, but at least understandable. I truly believe he's not going to fight again. Hell, this is a guy who's had long stretches of inactivity when he was actually good. Now everyone -- and finally even he -- knows it's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Did you see the final seconds of the last round? Gamboa was getting tagged to the body repeatedly, and all he could do was barely cling to Castellanos before the bell saved his ass. He had nothing left. Frankly, I thought his conditioning looked bad early on. And who knows what he was thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hating himself for what he's done to his career and all that talent. Just disgusted.
        Look. We Know he wasnt going anywhere, even had he Won. That Said, I think he Won the last 2 rounds, and I pretty much had The Fight even. Why quit in your Last Fight? Go out for 6 More Minutes. If ya get KO'd so be it. Heck, if he dont wanna go anymore, take a knee, and let them count him out. Now his Last Fight will always be a quit. I dont Know, man. I dont like it. I never liked quitting. If he wants to quit, just take a knee for 10 Seconds when he got hit. That would look 100 Times better than quitting.

Comment

• Gamboa lost this fight before it even started. Big mistake not having Diaz or Salas in his corner.

People forget Castellanos was beating Escandon handily before the clash of heads that caused his nose to break. He also upset the highly regarded Ronnie Rios years back.

Castellanos vs Corrales next?

Rojas was a smart signing for Golden Boy Promotions. He ran through Lopez. Look forward to seeing him more.

Solid won by Falcoa. Want to see him versus Gutirrez next.

Very good series so far Golden Boy Promotions.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            RoCa is better than his record suggests, similar to Siri (who, ironically, KO'ed RoCa). I thought Gamboa was gonna beat him decisively, but it's not like he was in with someone who was gonna lay down from the first big punch.
            Agreed, but...

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            This was a showcase fight, against a semi live opponent so gamboa can get into that next echelon of fighters next. Agreed he isn't the worst, but he was meant to be cannon fodder and YG wasn't up to the task.
            Agree with this more.

Comment

• Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
              It's time for Gamboa vs Juanma now.
              Lol

Actually, not a bad idea. It can be a cash out fight for both of them.

Gamboa's psyche must be really ****ed up right now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                RoCa is better than his record suggests, similar to Siri (who, ironically, KO'ed RoCa). I thought Gamboa was gonna beat him decisively, but it's not like he was in with someone who was gonna lay down from the first big punch.
                Exactly people stop just looking a records they sometimes are misleading he knocked out ronny Rios and was winning the fight against Oscar Escandon before the headbutt. Escandon is fighting for the title now. Beat rocky Juarez beat Caballero. Sometimes you got to look at the names on a resume instead of just the record. I said this was a real risky fight the moment it was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                  Look. We Know he wasnt going anywhere, even had he Won. That Said, I think he Won the last 2 rounds, and I pretty much had The Fight even. Why quit in your Last Fight? Go out for 6 More Minutes. If ya get KO'd so be it. Heck, if he dont wanna go anymore, take a knee, and let them count him out. Now his Last Fight will always be a quit. I dont Know, man. I dont like it. I never liked quitting. If he wants to quit, just take a knee for 10 Seconds when he got hit. That would look 100 Times better than quitting.
                  Sure, you don't like it. And a lot of other fans don't like it. But you're not the guy in there taking the whacks, and dealing with who knows what other mental garbage. This is a lot more complicated than merely quitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
                    Why did Gamboa have Mexican Flag on his shorts?
                    It's Cinco de mayo today.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Time View Post
                      Lol

Actually, not a bad idea. It can be a cash out fight for both of them.

Gamboa's psyche must be really ****ed up right now though.
                      It would legit be kind of worth it, for the weirdness that would be around it too... Gamboa is quitting against bums, Juanma is getting rocked by cornermen. Marination complete, sign the fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X