No announcement yet.

I'm really loving how Spence vs Garcia is coming together

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really loving how Spence vs Garcia is coming together

Both guys are very respectful and aren't acting ******ed... But win lose or draw, Garcia has made me a fan no matter what. Spence said when they came to the table to talk business, everything was smooth sailing with no issues. Garcia just wants to fight

I also like to take my hat off to Spence, for being a gentlemen, well spoken, but more importantly, a killer in the ring

When they get in the ring, I think both are willing to go out on their shield

These two aren't doing any WWE or heel like acts, but are genuine and carrying themselves accordingly

And guess what? The fight will SELL!!

Goes to show, you don't have to act like the Broner's of the world to get a few dollars in your pocket
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 02-17-2019, 02:20 PM.

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Both guys are very respectful and aren't acting ******ed... But win lose or draw, Garcia has made me a fan no matter what. Spence said when they came to the table to talk business, everything was smooth sailing with no issues. Garcia just wants to fight

I also like to take my hat off to Spence, for being gentlemen, well spoken, but more importantly, a killer in the ring

These two aren't doing any WWE or heel like acts, but are genuine and carrying themselves accordingly

Goes to show, you don't have to act like the Broner's of the world to get a few dollars in your pocket
    Gotta say, FOX is doing a great promotional job with this. Hopefully they dont price it out too much, but yea this will outsell Crawford-Khan and Wilder Fury1 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
      Gotta say, FOX is doing a great promotional job with this. Hopefully they dont price it out too much, but yea this will outsell Crawford-Khan and Wilder Fury1 IMO
      What do you mean don't price it out too much? Almost surely going to be $75 bucks. I guess slight chance it is $65 but this is par for the course when it comes to PPV fights.

Out sell Wilder/Fury I? That will be tough but if they pull it off than all parties will be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        What do you mean don't price it out too much? Almost surely going to be $75 bucks. I guess slight chance it is $65 but this is par for the course when it comes to PPV fights.

Out sell Wilder/Fury I? That will be tough but if they pull it off than all parties will be very happy.
        Yea, $65 is a good number (although my location HD is 10 bucks cheaper than everywhere else for some reason). I think ESPN is going to go lower ~50ish for the Crawford-Khan fight which will help their numbers. Think Arum said something about lowering PPV prices for ESPN+

Both these guys are arguably more well known than Wilder or Fury in the US prior to the first fight and you are getting some quality ads/promotion on network TV. Dont recall many Wilder/Fury ads on Fox/CBS etc (Drove me crazy they werent blast advertising the fight on the SEC football games on CBS leading up to it)

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
          Yea, $65 is a good number (although my location HD is 10 bucks cheaper than everywhere else for some reason). I think ESPN is going to go lower ~50ish for the Crawford-Khan fight which will help their numbers. Think Arum said something about lowering PPV prices for ESPN+

Both these guys are arguably more well known than Wilder or Fury in the US prior to the first fight and you are getting some quality ads/promotion on network TV. Dont recall many Wilder/Fury ads on Fox/CBS etc (Drove me crazy they werent blast advertising the fight on the SEC football games on CBS leading up to it)
          Neither Spence nor Garcia are even close to the name Wilder was when he first fought Fury. Not even in the same atmosphere. Wilder was drawing close to a million or over a million on SHO, while Spence/Garcia were in the 650k range. They put up great numbers while Wilder put up GREAT numbers on SHO.

Wilder/Fury had good promotion. Obviously FOX is a different beast though even airing the press conference on FOX yesterday. So will be interesting to see what numbers this fight does with FOX backing them opposed to SHO.

Comment

It's a great fight between two great fighters. I don't think people should complain about this fight. Mikey is a former 140 pound champ and he beat the hell out of top 10 welterweight Broner. I expect Spence to win by KO but I think Spence would KO any welterweight in the world. MAN DOWN!

Comment

I don't a lot of buzz for this fight. neither are really ppv fighters but mikey must be a making a ton to take such a risk so that's the only way it would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Neither Spence nor Garcia are even close to the name Wilder was when he first fought Fury. Not even in the same atmosphere. Wilder was drawing close to a million or over a million on SHO, while Spence/Garcia were in the 650k range. They put up great numbers while Wilder put up GREAT numbers on SHO.

Wilder/Fury had good promotion. Obviously FOX is a different beast though even airing the press conference on FOX yesterday. So will be interesting to see what numbers this fight does with FOX backing them opposed to SHO.
                I disagree, Garcia Spence is a bigger fight. This has particular Texas marketing, which is a state saturated with blacks and messicans, so it’s a healthy rivalry.

If Garcia Spence did 650k average as you said, well then Garcia’s numbers automatically double or triple with this fight since it has Texas based promotion. With Mikey walking around with that cowboy hat in commercials, and the whole lone star state having tweets from Dallas Cowboys fans cheering for Spence also triples Spence numbers.

I predict this fight has more noise than Canelo Smith, easily. Then we’ve got Californian fans interested in this new PPV Fox showing.

I’m thinking this fight produces 550k PPV.

Comment

I'm as neutral as can be, fan of both, although I like Spence more. Looking forward to a good fight between the best at 140 in Mikey and at 147 in Spence.

May the better boxer win. No excuses.
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 02-17-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I also like to take my hat off to Spence, for being a gentlemen, well spoken, but more importantly, a killer in the ring

When they get in the ring, I think both are willing to go out on their shield

Very well said and I totally agree
                    One warrior in this fight : Mikey Garcia
                    Don’t get me wrong , I like Spence as a fighter and human but I wish he would step up to the plate
                    I believe Mikey will pull off the upset of the year

And yes imo the fight will sell well
                    Watching NASCAR today and twice saw advertisement for the fight

To finish , yup your right , there is no need to be a fughin idiot to sell tix and ppv
                    I think many casuals will watch this fight

Comment

Working...
                    X