Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-17-2017, 01:17 AM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
TRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.40
Total Points: 10,991.38
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

A power punch is worth more than a jab. This is professional boxing not no outdated amateur point boxing.

GGG was a lot busier and more consistent but Canelo landed the more eye catching heavier shots. It was a close fight and a draw IMO was the right decision.
TRTboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-17-2017, 01:24 AM #42
Contender

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
respectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,652.00

Who dismissed his jab? It is GGG's best weapon I think. He is always on the front foot coming at you with it, and you know something will follow behind it. It's not some bull**** jab, tap you and get distance ****.

It's his main pressure weapon. He works off the jab like an ace.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
respectthebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:29 AM #43
Interim Champion

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Boxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan7819 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 6,908.52

Boxers are followed mostly by people of the same race who blindly and biasedly defend their fighter who they support. Some fighters fight like cowards and hug no way I can be a fan of that style.
Boxfan7819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:34 AM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3399 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 51,283.58
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by respectthebrush View Post
Who dismissed his jab? It is GGG's best weapon I think. He is always on the front foot coming at you with it, and you know something will follow behind it. It's not some bull**** jab, tap you and get distance ****.

It's his main pressure weapon. He works off the jab like an ace.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Put it this way.

Anyone who thought Canelo won tonight, dismissed Golovkin's jab. That's the point I'm making - they're inconsistent with who, when and why they'll support jabs to win fights.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:35 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
LetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond reputeLetOutTheCage has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 14,806.59

Making those quotes up
LetOutTheCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:39 AM #46
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3399 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 51,283.58
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
Making those quotes up
Nope. Paraphrased, not made up. You should recognize Mayweather/Pacquiao from Skip Bayless, in fact.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:42 AM #47
Contender

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
respectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to beholdrespectthebrush is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 6,652.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Put it this way.

Anyone who thought Canelo won tonight, dismissed Golovkin's jab. That's the point I'm making - they're inconsistent with who, when and why they'll support jabs to win fights.
I see what you mean. I kind of alluded to it. GGG has a very great jab.

I had GGG beating Jacob's and Canelo in close fights. His jab won both of those fights imo. Like I said he works off his jab.
respectthebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:43 AM #48
Amateur

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
bbqtrini is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 6,024.00

I thought Canelo won. He LITERALLY had GGG when he wanted barring his endurance literally. Whenever Canelo was the aggresor he bested GGG. And he even bested GGG off the ropes.
The question is this as Max Kellerman always puts it, "which fighter would you rather be in a given round?"
Despite GGG pursuing I woulld have rather been Canelo receiving GGG's jab vs. GGG receiving Canelo's power punch.
Again, Canelo had GGG whenever his endurance allowed. This was not the case for GGG regardless of endurance.
bbqtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:48 AM #49
Contender

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Gunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to beholdGunpowdergreg is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 6,467.30
Send a message via Yahoo to Gunpowdergreg

Jabs seem to count to everbody but judges, I agree good clean power shots count more. Tonight GGG threw and landed more jabs, threw more power shots and only landed a few less than Canelo and you see the scores. Also, does effective agression/Ring Generalship not count anymore either. Canelo landed more body shots but since when did judges start counting body shots again anyway?
Gunpowdergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:49 AM #50
Interim Champion

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
whoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these partswhoelsebutjames is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 6,875.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
Are all jabs created equal? Is Paulies jab the same as GGG? One snaps your head back and swells you up, the other makes you feel like a flea bit you..
There were no head snapping jabs tonight
whoelsebutjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
jabs., make, mind, people

User Tag List