Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-22-2017, 12:58 AM #31
Interim Champion

Quoted: 502 Post(s)
cork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 10,434.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Then you weren't paying attention shortly after the fight where people accused Thurman of barely throwing after round 3 and resorting to just light taps (jabs) on the backfoot.

Yet GGG does the same damn thing in round 8 and somehow he's dominant.
Show me a link where more than 3 people said Garcia won or Thurman was tapping Garcia to a win. I remember pretty clearly that people were only complaining that Thurman basically used his footwork against flat footed Garcia in the championship rounds which I had no problems with and I gave those rounds to Thurman.

There's a big difference on how effective Thurman was moving against Garcia then the way Jacobs was moving against ggg. If it's not obvious to you then I'm just gonna stop talking about it.
cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-22-2017, 01:21 AM #32
Interim Champion

Quoted: 550 Post(s)
DeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 7,045.00

GGG did not control a damn thing with his jab. wtf these people talking about.

Jacobs was ring general all night period. when he wanted to get off the ropes he did with ease.

if anything Jacobs controlled GGG with combos. everytime Jacobs fired a flurry all GGG did was freeze, wait and then reset.

"his jab was snapping his head back doe" Jacobs jab did the same *****.

GGG ignored the body completely because he feared Danny's reflexes to counter him. meanwhile Jacobs mixed punches up head and body all night.

GGG lost.

and I dont wanna get into Compubox debates. mofos only find those stats useful when it suits them.
DeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:25 AM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3655 Post(s)
krazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,093.98
shove this up your ass bro - Anxious Times Practice on this so you'll be prepared to suck my di.ck in the future. - Anxious Times Sorry bro I was just mad because you were like the 4th person to accuse me of being an alt. Cheers. - Anxious Times Grip Stackin is a chump nukka - mathed No Message - mathed 
Great poster! - Bronze Bomber No Message - bm Vagabond i missed ya my brown brotha - Tago Nang Tago Fuck me - Suckmedry Ward Sucks!!!! - mathed 
stick this up your ass and pretend its ggg's shlong - Adam Kirchstein Trump wins - Freedom. Trump Bless - Ruthless One we eatin' baby! cheers - Beercules pretend it's Trump - Santa_ 
Behave yourself kid. - The Tribe Enjoy your ban again, emasculated, insecure, racist coward. *Native dance* - The Tribe Awesome post, man... - anthonydavid11 One of the good guys - 1bad65 Cheers, man! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Mayweather/Pacquiao: "Nah bruh, you can't win a fight with just a jab"/"The pitty pat punches, it's not enough! It's not enough to win the fight!"

Garcia/Thurman: "Garcia won that, all Thurman did was jab and run"

Holyfield/Valuev: "The right man won, all Holyfield did was jab"

Yet...

Klitschko/Fury: "Klitschko won that fight, his jab controlled it!"

Golovkin/Jacobs: "Golovkin clearly controlled the fight with his jab, that's why he won doe"

Eubank/Saunders: "Eubank got exposed, Saunders' jab was in Eubank's face all night long"

Make up your mind. Either an effective jab wins the fight or it doesn't.
Was the knockdown from a jab? Was Jacobs, late in the fight buzzed, from a jab? Or was the jab used effectively to set up more powerful shots?
krazyn8tive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:25 AM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2782 Post(s)
Chuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 31,804.63
No Message - gancho_al_igado this ones on me - KING MEAT Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Happy new years bro! - Teetotaler 

Quote:
A jab is a jab bro. You don't score on how hard someone's punch hits. By that logic Shannon Briggs lost to Foreman in 97.
You don't understand what a jab is bro. GGG has one of the best if not the best jab in the game you can't compare that and what it does to a soft jab that is just there to throw your timing off or get you out of rythm. This isn't the amatures where you score a point based on if the white part of the glove touches ignoring the actual impact it has
Chuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:44 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2949 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 36,799.21
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
GGG did not control a damn thing with his jab. wtf these people talking about.

Jacobs was ring general all night period. when he wanted to get off the ropes he did with ease.

if anything Jacobs controlled GGG with combos. everytime Jacobs fired a flurry all GGG did was freeze, wait and then reset.

"his jab was snapping his head back doe" Jacobs jab did the same *****.

GGG ignored the body completely because he feared Danny's reflexes to counter him. meanwhile Jacobs mixed punches up head and body all night.

GGG lost.

and I dont wanna get into Compubox debates. mofos only find those stats useful when it suits them.
Was Floyd ring general when being used as punch bag by maiudana?
Being outjabed by maidana a d his body softened up?
I suppose all the punches were missing weren't they.....not?
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:02 AM #36
F**king Hippie

Quoted: 3001 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 40,714.18
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
This is my point. Exactly my point.

People here are inconsistent. First it's "GGG controlled with the jab". Then it's "GGG's jabs are like power punches and that's why he won". Then it's "GGG's jabs did more damage".

There are TWO measures. It's a power punch or a jab, and you connect or you don't. There is no "Fighter A punched with X force" measure.

Then what pisses me off is they'll say this crap about the Golovkin fight yet when you look at Chocolatito who looked like he was in a 9AM car crash after Rungvisai, it's like "Choco got robbed doe"

I'm sick of the inconsistency! If you want to grade outcomes based on facial damage, Chocolatito got exposed THREE times and should have lost THREE times.
Inconsistency or just plain hypocrisy, you'll never leave disappointed if you come looking for it on a boxing forum. Let's not pretend it's confined to fans of one particular stripe, however.
Koba-Grozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3384 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 49,236.55
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork View Post
Show me a link where more than 3 people said Garcia won or Thurman was tapping Garcia to a win. I remember pretty clearly that people were only complaining that Thurman basically used his footwork against flat footed Garcia in the championship rounds which I had no problems with and I gave those rounds to Thurman.

There's a big difference on how effective Thurman was moving against Garcia then the way Jacobs was moving against ggg. If it's not obvious to you then I'm just gonna stop talking about it.
I'm not doing your job for you. You can go pull the threads saying Garcia got robbed yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckguy View Post
This isn't the amatures where you score a point based on if the white part of the glove touches ignoring the actual impact it has
A jab connects or it doesn't. Period. Force is irrelevant in scoring.

Done.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:00 AM #38
Undisputed Champion

revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

And I feel it quite appropriate to bump this thread, since people are grossly overrating McGregor for fighting the same way Floyd did against Manny.

Without the jab, it would have been a blowout for Floyd. Period.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:58 AM #39
Undisputed Champion

Updated for Canelo/Golovkin since people flat out dismiss Golovkin's jabs all night long this fight, yet praised it against Jacobs.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:04 AM #40
this is boxing

Quoted: 6483 Post(s)
-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,224.85
Total Points: 56,339.21
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- &lt;3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

I always favor power punching.
-Kev- is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
jabs., make, mind, people

User Tag List