Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-15-2019, 02:51 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1973 Post(s)
Sledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,149.70
Total Points: 16,449.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Chudd View Post
Beating "A" guy doesn't make you "The" guy. C'mon Spence, you're gonna have to do more than beat on a smaller guy moving up. Gotta get rid of the other champs in your division at least
I think he means in terms of star power, fanbase, and attraction, not neccessarily in terms of being the best fighter at welterweight. I think he knows he needs to beat either Thurman or Crawford for that.

Also, based on what he said, it sounds like he wants to win in a way that people have no doubt that he would have won even without the size advantage.

It sounds like he wants to completely outbox Garcia and THEN knock him out.
Sledgeweather17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-15-2019, 02:57 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Sledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1971 View Post
Iím picking Garcia to score a unanimous decision but, it HAS to be unanimous. Check out Garciaís defence against previously faced opponents, itís tight and he doesnít get hit with anything of note to say itís bothering him.
Besides, Spence should have really be facing Kell Brook in a post fight promised rematch, the way that fight played out was spence winning yes, but kell lost it because of the damage that never would prevent the man himself continue to give a very good account of himself.
Anyway, I had spence ahead only by the 10/8 round by stoppage point so he never really impressed for that performance at elite level and yet, many believe that Kell Brook is a nobody.
I think we can all say that spence would avoid that fight like the plague and why? $$$$$$$$$$ america is the king of everything letís not forget! Lol
Spence told Brook he would rematch him if he won a title at 154.

Remember the Brook weight excuses about making 147.

But Brook been ducking and fighting bums, and now claims to want to go back to 147 after complaining about the weight.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:58 AM #33
Contender

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Robertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these partsRobertthebruce is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 9,286.51

No way your the man if you win! Beating on a little guy when your already a weight bully don't get you credit mate. Fight the champions your own size (middleweight?) you clown
Robertthebruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 AM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Trufe View Post
Spence is extremely overrated and overhyped, the great black hope at 147. Mikey exposes this slow plodding weight bully.
I bet you one of the guys who said that Spence would be exposed when he stepped up and fought Algieri.

You're probably one of those who made the Jeff Lacey comparisons when he went to England to fight Brook.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:28 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2677 Post(s)
Noelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 50,942.87
gAy J LOL - ^lll gAy J LOL - ^lll to add your collection - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStomps View Post
I respect Spence but beating a smaller man like Mikey Garcia doesn't make him the man in Boxing... He's expected to beat Mikey so IDK WTF he talking about beating a smaller guy Making him the man???
I agree , Spence is my guy but he is supposed to handle Mikey. Itís like Danny Jacobs saying if I beat Spence Iím the man.
Noelanthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:36 AM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Marvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond reputeMarvlus Marv has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 15,243.92

Mikey is an elite fighter, like Spence is, and he isn't easy to land clean on so it's not impossible that he takes this. I'm getting more interested in this as it approaches.
Marvlus Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:40 AM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Scopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,261.62
Excellent post, brother.  Spot on. - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

I think Spence has already given himself an L just by taking this fight, a huge welterweight like him has no business chasing lightweights to fight when there’s no shortage of legit opponents at his own weight, or at the next division up seeing as how he’s inevitably going to move up there. This fight is a lose-lose in my eyes for him, win in the way I expect him to and he’ll be criticised for participating in a mismatch, if he doesn’t win impressively or even loses people are going to mock him for being a hype job who can’t beat a much smaller guy. Only Garcia can come out of this as “the man”, but I don’t think that’s likely because this is going to be a repeat of Canelo vs. Khan imo.
Scopedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:05 AM #38
Up and Comer

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
phishfan has a spectacular aura aboutphishfan has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 8,791.43
Default Heís right. PPV exposure is the KEY

While Spence is kind of in a no win situation the exposure he is gonna garner is unlike anything he’s experienced up to this point. If/when Spence KOs Mikey literally millions are going to gasp at his performance. Whenever casuals hear his name he will be considered a bad ass and will interested any any/most fights he makes. This is literally this biggest fight he’s ever been in and potentially could be the biggest fight he’s ever gonna be in and HE KNOWS IT. You can tell from Errol’s comments that he is approaching this fight with the paramount importance it deserves. Yes us dweebs here on NSB won’t give him much credit but EVERYBODY else will and let’s face it ALL those casuals are more important than us boxing nerds.

This fight is huge for Errol and he is fully aware. This fight is also huge for Mikey but he has way less to lose and perhaps even more to gain?

Just to be clear Errol realizes he has to KO him. A points victory won’t mean nearly as much. Yes it will be better than losing but it will always be an asterisk on his record.

Last edited by phishfan; 02-15-2019 at 04:11 AM.
phishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 AM #39
1 John 2:22

Quoted: 4929 Post(s)
Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,331.98
Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader twenty! - MANIAC310 
Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 
:luvbed: - jose830 thanks for fast payoff. good fight!! - Psylence83 No Message - hhs661 No Message - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Happy Easter, Bud. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, and pray that God keeps you safe so you can be with those you love at the end of your tour. - DionysusX happy father's day - DionysusX Happy New Years Bro! - Teetotaler Cool stories, bro... - anthonydavid11 To Plant, congrats. - dan_cov 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
I think he means in terms of star power, fanbase, and attraction, not neccessarily in terms of being the best fighter at welterweight. I think he knows he needs to beat either Thurman or Crawford for that.

Also, based on what he said, it sounds like he wants to win in a way that people have no doubt that he would have won even without the size advantage.

It sounds like he wants to completely outbox Garcia and THEN knock him out.
Yeah I don't even think beating Garcia will give him the star power and attention he wants. He is going to have to beat another star or clear out his division. Mikey isn't as popular as Spence is thinking. I hope I'm wrong though, I'd like to see Spence become a star due to his style and wanting to fight the best in his division.

I know it won't happen but I'd like to see Spence fight Crawford on the ESPN app after this, take his belt, then go back to PBC to fight the likes of Thurman and Porter. I think that would garner him even more fans. Pipe dream though
Rip Chudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:51 AM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
jvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 8,635.66

Mikey hands down is a great fighter. But once he realizes he canít hurt Spence, this fight will get very ugly. There will be too much fire power coming at Mikey to keep Spence off of him for 12 rounds. I see Robert stopping it around the 8th round or Mikey getting stopped with a body shot. But for Spence to be the man at 147, heís going to have to beat Porter, Thurman, and then eventually Crawford. Those are not guaranteed wins. By the time Spence moves up to 154, the best of that division will probably have moved up to 160. His biggest money fight will be against Canelo at 160. And I donít think he has the size nor skills to beat Canelo.
jvsnypes is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List